You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sharing Files.

David Oliveira

David Oliveira
Posted
Posted

Hello Euroscopers,

I have made a .exe file containg the sector files for my ARTCC, ZNY. I have shared these files, while deleting my personal info, and people use it and have to set up the ICAO datafiles, and the sector files. Is it possible to set it in the .prf so that the other users can just load the sector file from the predefined spot in the Euroscope folder?

David Oliveira

ZNY Deputy Events Coordinator

?type=3&cid=1165834

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

You can include a .prf file with the sector files, and get the .prf file to load a certain sector file from the same folder or sub-folder as the .prf file, no matter where the files are stored, if that's what you want?

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Just remove your CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from the .prf file before that

David Oliveira
Posted
Posted
You can include a .prf file with the sector files, and get the .prf file to load a certain sector file from the same folder or sub-folder as the .prf file, no matter where the files are stored, if that's what you want?

Yes, I do. Just like if the sector is in the Sectors folder, in the Euroscope Docomeents folder, then it would work on any computer where it had the Sectors folder inside of the Euroscope folder. Now, how would you do that?

Just remove your CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from the .prf file before that

No worries. I have security in mind

David Oliveira

?type=3&cid=1165834

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Yes, I do. Just like if the sector is in the Sectors folder, in the Euroscope Docomeents folder, then it would work on any computer where it had the Sectors folder inside of the Euroscope folder. Now, how would you do that?

I am not 100% sure, but it is probably possible if you have no path and just the filenames (without /) in the .prf?

But be advised that there was a reason that userdata was moved from the program folder to the docomeents folder. On some windows versions, there are issues with user access rights, so if you want to create a predefined file-set, the docomeents folder (using relative paths) would be the proper way to do it, because that is the only way that ensures it works for everyone.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

You can't point the .prf file to the sectors folder in the EuroScope Docomeents folder, unless you put the .prf file in the sectors folder or the main EuroScope Docomeents folder.

So:

If you put the .prf file in the main EuroScope Docomeents folder, you can then point it to the sector file in the sectors folder by putting

Settings	sector	\Sector Files\****.sct

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming **** is the name of the sector file. And, "Sector Files" would be whatever the actual folder name is... I deleted mine so I don't know.

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

... or any other subfolder of the EuroScope Docomeents folder.

For example if you have the following folders:

\Sector Files

\Settings

\ASR files

\Profiles

If your profile is text.prf in the \Profiles folder, you can point to the sct by a relative path:

Settings   sector   \..\Sector Files\****.sct

where \..\ represents the parent folder of the current Profiles folder.

They just all have to be within the same parent folder structure (f.ex. "\Users\Docomeents\EuroScope" depending on the windows version).

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I realized that it is always relative to the current working directory. If the .prf you are loading is in folder A and you have referenced a file F in the same folder from there it will only work if A was the working directory. From there it is no problem to use relative paths as Stephan showed.

So you have to set "Working directory" in the link which starts your profile (The default ES installation already sets a directory, have a look).

David Oliveira
Posted
Posted

I tried doing what you guys said, and it didnt work

EDIT:Fixed. By doing nothing

David Oliveira

?type=3&cid=1165834