You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Headset Recomendations

Richard Stevens 1116018

Richard Stevens 1116018
Posted
Posted

Howdy All,

I'm looking to purchase a headset and I was wanting to know what you folks use. I've looked into the Saitek headset but I've heard negatives on their cramped size for big heads. I'm not particular on an aviation look, just something effective and in the american market.

Thanks a bunch

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you can get any type of headset, even a cheapo $5 walmart headset.

i have a logitech USB headset at the moment. i highly recommend getting a USB headset, gives you the option of separating your FS sounds an VATSIM sounds. that is if you dont already have dual sound card.

i have this exact model, theyre $60 at best buy (cheaper if you buy online, makes no sence to me but im going to have to stop going to best buy and just buy online if thats what they want lol)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+H555+USB+Headset+-+Black/Silver/1208635.p?id=1218234053753&skuId=1208635&cmp=RMX&ky=2kg0DNMXB6kMk1vVT3PJI0YAqpBIZZP9x

its a good headset, it can be delicate, if you have kids tho the good news is it comes in a protective plastic case

the one i had before that i cant remember what it was, but it was an G/A styled headset with the ear muffs. that one broke pretty quick after a visit from the nephew and nieces

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

+1 on USB and Logitech. I got one running since Dec 2008, 6 ft cable with inline volume and mute switches, comes in real handy during skype chats!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Personally, I use a Logitech 350 USB headset, and I love it. You'll find others that use what the real world controllers use -- the Plantronics H31 St[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t. My suggestion, as you're just starting out, start out small, and if you get hooked and want to go more realistic, you can (though I've been doing this for 3+ years and am quite happy with the $25 (in stores, as low as $10 on Ebay) Logitech headset I have).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

Roccat Kave FTW!

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Alan Kapakai 1166173
Posted
Posted

Does anyone use the Astro A40? It might be a bit of over kill for ATC comm but I wondered if there were any gotchas when using it with FS?

William Pannone 1147581
Posted
Posted

My personal favorite is the Plantronics GameCom 777 USB Headset. It comes with Dolby surround sound so it sounds like a real cockpit and sounds like the ATC transmissions are surrounded around the cockpit like in real life.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-777-Surround-Technology/dp/B001KURYAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1298050873&sr=8-1

Plantronics-GameCom-777-PC-Headset-with-Dolby-7.1-Surround-Sound-Picture.jpg

- William

Charlie Atkinson 1145297
Posted
Posted

Just another question, is it possible to (just) get an USB adapter?

Thanks, 1145279

Thanks, 1145297

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you can find it separately, yep. its hard to find in some stores, but others readily have it. radioshack usually has them in stock. my best buy never has them

Tomer Oszlak
Posted
Posted

I have the MICROSOFT LIFECHAT LX-3000 they are USB and they are fantanstic

AAL532

ELY385

BAW1212

Charlie Atkinson 1145297
Posted
Posted

Thanks, will make ATC way more realistic.

Thanks, 1145297