You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector Inbound List Not populating

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

As I'm working centre, my Sector inbound list never populates.

What conditions must exist for it to populate? Could something be wrong with the sector or ese files that may be affecting this?

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Hi Folks ...

I don't know what's up, or what I'm doing wrong (if anything). I've been working centre with this sectorfile for several days now and have had inbound, outbound and transiting aircraft from neighbouring sectors on all borders. I'm not sure under what conditions the sector inbound list is to populate, but I get nothing. Exit list gets very busy, but not the inbound list.

What are the conditions under which I get information in this list, perhaps these conditions haven't been met?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Coordination Points have nothing to do with the SIL. As I said, the condition for the SIL is, that your sector is active and the aircraft is calculated to enter the sector. The SEL contains all tracked aircraft, so that's the explanation for it being populated.

There is something wrong with your sectors.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks Stephen for the reply. So, let us [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume "something" is wrong with the sectors.

What can I do to troubleshoot the exact problem to repair it? What part of the ese/sct2 file would be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the SIL? All the other features [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with sector definition appear to be working.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

You can for example use the route prediction (left click on altitude) of an aircraft to check the calculated routing and sectors.

Since you have the other posting about the sector not illuminating, not everything else appear to be working. It is likely to be the same reason.

You need to check the SECTOR definitions. If you are interlacing sectors, make sure the sectors inside are above the outer sectors in the ESE file. ES scans the section entry by entry, and stops with the first match. Maybe you need to rearrange the definitions.

Stephan Boerner

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

The sector illumination, and sectorline illumination issues have been resolved and are working as expected. All the sectors are arranged from smallest to largest.

Tower Control Zones

Terminal Control Areas

Sub sector (4 of them)

Wide sector (3 individual definitions, CZWG_C, CZWG_RDO, CZWG_A_CTR ... made of of the 4 subsectors, and neighbouring FIR sectors)

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

Rob, my guess is that your primary frequency is in cause here. Make sure that the position you control (selected prim frequency) is defined in the [POSITIONS] section of the ESE file. Also check that this entry is linked to the desired sector from the [AIRSPACE] section of the same file.

Example:

I'm logged in with 125.90

[POSITIONS]

Calgary Arrival:Calgary Terminal:125.900:CA:A:CYYC:APP:CYYC:APP:6300:6377

[AIRSPACE]

SECTOR:YYC (Calgary terminal):0:60000

OWNER:CA:CD:CT:ES:ER:EN:EA

(...)

This is the reason why your list is empty. ES doesn't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociate your position with your sector.

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Hi Jean-Frederik ...

Wouldn't that create other noticeable problems as well? Coordination between other sectors is being recognized properly.

Position:

Wide Centre:Winnipeg Centre:124.000:ZGC:WC:CZWG:CTR:-:-:0600:0677

Sector:

SECTOR:CZWG_CTR:0:65000
OWNER:ZGC:ZGR
BORDER:E10:E11:E12:E13:E14:E15:E16:E17:E18

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Primary Frequency might be the reason, yes. Sector and Position look fine so far.

Why don't you give us some screenshots of your next session?

Connection Dialog, Sector Ownership Dialog with the relevant sector(s) displayed, your screen ... just every step you do when connecting.

Other than that, it's probably best to look at the file itself, but I won't have time for that until March 18th. Have to focus on some exams now. If you can wait until then, I'll have a look at the files.

Stephan Boerner

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Thank you folks for your support.

I've found the solution and this specific problem appears resolved for now.