You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Glitch- Last Text line dosent show, any ideas?

Jake Sims 1158411

Jake Sims 1158411
Posted
Posted

G'Day Gentlemen, when I load in on VRC and am either controlling or are tuning into a frequency, when someone types something, I dont see it on my VRC. It is only after someone types something else that I see it. When I hear the **PING** I immediently press the "\" key so that it will force VRC to send up the line. Does anyone know how fix that, so that when I am controlling with 50 planes, I wont have to keep pressing "\" over and over again?

Thanks

Jake

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

lower your hardware acceleration in your display settings

Jake Sims 1158411
Posted
Posted

How do I do that?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

right click on your desktop, go to properties > settings > advanced > troubleshooting, lower the hardware acceleration slider all the way or test until its working. youll know easily, the tool windows in VRC are supposed to be see through, and im pretty sure you are missing a lot of text on the various tools, youll see them once you lower the slider.

you will have to restart VRC for it to take effect.

remember to turn the slider back up when using flightsim.

• 6 months later...
James Baumgartner 1079238
Posted
Posted

I don't know whether you guys have had this issue, but i go into the video settings and and troubleshooting button is greyed out. I'm running windows 7 32bit and i've contacted intel and they say that i cannot change this. Does anyone know of a patch instead?

Cheers,

James

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

what are your specs? this would be graphics related, so all depends if your graphics card support hardware acceleration, it should, but if its greyed out, could mean it doesnt. or you may need to update your drivers.

what did intel tell you specifically? must be a reason for that. did they say your card doesnt support it?

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2226

Do note that you may get "some" weird characters before VOR names and fixes using this hotfix.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)