You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question / Help

Rodney Aylmore 944715

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I'm in a moment of sheer frustration. All of my payware airports have white boxes appearing around them. I have narrowed this down to being a missing tree texture. I have installed Trees_v3 and Nova but to no effect. I'm at my wits end and really not looking forward to the possibility of re-intalling fs9 and hundreds of payware add-ons.

Anyone had any experience?

Rod.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Two options except for locate the real issue A, B are.

A.

1. Copy all the fs9 files to a backup folder.

2. re-install fs9.

3. Copy backupfiles back to the new re-installed fs9.

Things can in many way be the same as your current fs9, but there are no warranty and some addon may require to re-install.

B.

1. Install a fresh fs9 at a new location

2. copy the fresh fs9 to your current fs9 with option overwrite none (notice Windows Explorer do not support overwrite none option and you must use a third part e.g. WinReg at http://hem.p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]agen.se/lvedin/dk/freeware ).

This option is more safe then A since you only add possible missing files, but also it may not help if some current relevant fs9 file is corrupt/fail.

After fix your system anyhow, I could recommend some drive backup system, especially when you consider worry to re-install all. I use free "driveimage xml" and have successfully restore my FS disk complete.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

It could also be a duplicate texture and FS not knowing which one to use

thus doing nothing.

Might be worthwhile to check for duplicate Gerrish Gray tree installations and others

and consolidating those in one place, maybe that'll help.

Tom.

f1cert.gif