You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New York Oceanic?

Daniel Roesen

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Hi,

who handles New York Oceanic airspace on VATSIM? Does ZNY? Didn't find anything about Oceanic stuff on their homepage...

Want to request ATC support for the VACC-SAG World Tour 2005 group flight from TJSJ/TNCM to LPMA, crossing thru 1200NM of New York Oceanic airspace...

Best regards,

Daniel

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Can't answer it officially, but if you check ServInfo it shows that a plane flying in that area is in KZNY. That being said I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume they are the ones who handle it.

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
Hi,

who handles New York Oceanic airspace on VATSIM? Does ZNY? Didn't find anything about Oceanic stuff on their homepage...

Want to request ATC support for the VACC-SAG World Tour 2005 group flight from TJSJ/TNCM to LPMA, crossing thru 1200NM of New York Oceanic airspace...

Best regards,

Daniel

ZNY does Daniel....

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted

Yes, ZNY has a special CTR sector (NY_ATL_CTR) although it's rarely used. Contact our event coordinator (http://nyartcc.org/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=118) if you want us to cover your event.

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff,

thanks... meanwhile I had a nice chat with Karl Kleiber, he was coincidentally enroute to TNCM so I grabbed him and he confirmed. Let's see wether we will see NY Oceanic lit up on 2005-12-03 noon (US local).

Now hunting down who is the contact for Santa Maria Oceanic... Portugal's VACC homepage is "down for maintenance"... for months it seems - no contact info.

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Hi Ethan,

yeah thanks, Karl sent me to Sam too. Will drop him an email tomorrow (6am here... need... sleep).

Best regards,

Daniel

Chad Black
Posted
Posted

Thats one spot I can honestly say I have never seen staffed. It and Houston Oceanic are rarities.

Matthew Kreilein 881422
Posted
Posted
Hi,

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel-

NY Oceanic airspce is handled by ZNY. It's actually "New York Radar" as the targets are now radar identified and trackd by ATC via a scope...even in the real world.

There are about 10 oceanic sectors and put all that together with mainland ZNY and it's one of the biggest ARTCCs in the US.

The sectors are NY_F1_FSS, _F2_ etc. (I think it's FSS). Bermuda is under the NY Oceanic veil as well.

As far as it being manned...

Let's just say to KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN for some new things out of NY regarding Oceanic...maybe even a BIG event in "celebration" of our BIG airspace addition.

Look at the signature...not lying to ya

Matthew Kreilein

?cid=881422attachment.php?attachmentid=1125&d=1321217166

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

I was controlling when Karl came on as the FSS and he said be ready for some changes in the future

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif