You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Communicating with ATC

Ken Bonnett

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted

Just flew to/from SBGR when all the Centers were staffed. The controllers didn't appear in Squawkbox's ATC list, but I could text with them using the Chat function. Do Brazilian controllers use a private channel for all ATC services?

• 3 weeks later...
Edson Felix 858639
Posted
Posted

Hello Ken:

Sorry for the delay...

No, Brazilian ATC are working with usual and common procedures, and operating at regular voice frequencies. You can check this using ServInfo last update HERE.

If you can connect the ATC channel to send text, maybe you have a SB problem...

Please check if you have registered Squawkbox with FSUIPC. In Flight Simulator go to "modules" or "addons", FSUIPC and then register the application.

Name = squawkbox

Key = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

I hope this solve.

Regards,

Edson Felix

Division Director

www.vatsim.com.br

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted

Interesting. I can talk with other controllers around the world without a registered FSUIPC.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

not required to register FSUIPC for squawkbox if you use FSX, dont need FSUIPC at all, uses simconnect instead.

if the controller doesnt show up on your ATC list however, then the client will not join the voice channel. thats why you were able to text them, but could not hear them