You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsb forgets my settings

Gary Campbell 1174391

Gary Campbell 1174391
Posted
Posted

I have xsb 1.03 for xplane 9.6 (something).

I can connect to vatsim and everything works fine - I can see craft, I can talk to ATC, my flights are logged - all good.

The problem is xsb forgets my settings and I have to set up xsb every single time I start a new xplane session.

It forgets my name, my vatsim ID, my call sign, the flight plan defaults to kbos (or something) and I have to set up my mike, speakers and PTT keys every single time.

Is there a config file or somewhere these setting should be saved? Can I create one or edit one? Where can I find it?

I'll admit I get an error message when XSB initialises telling me to check error.out file but I can't see any error.out file anywhere on my hard drive.

Ta for help.

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
I have xsb 1.03 for xplane 9.6 (something).

I can connect to vatsim and everything works fine - I can see craft, I can talk to ATC, my flights are logged - all good.

The problem is xsb forgets my settings and I have to set up xsb every single time I start a new xplane session.

It forgets my name, my vatsim ID, my call sign, the flight plan defaults to kbos (or something) and I have to set up my mike, speakers and PTT keys every single time.

Is there a config file or somewhere these setting should be saved? Can I create one or edit one? Where can I find it?

I'll admit I get an error message when XSB initialises telling me to check error.out file but I can't see any error.out file anywhere on my hard drive.

Try looking for Log.txt instead. It's possible that it doesn't have permission to write to Resources/plugins/XSquawkBox Resources/, which is where the XSquawkBox Prefs file is stored. Check the ownership of those folders.

8942.png

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

If you don't do anything, (which I have chosen to do), and maybe if you do try, it will automatically default back to a N callsign, Real Name, Select Server, etc, and the filing always stays KBOS-KJFK Alt KEWR with ROBER I believe in the route, /R/, etc.

2vuh2cx.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Gary Campbell 1174391
Posted
Posted

Hmm - I don't have a XSquawkBox Resources/ subfolder. I'll create that manually and see if that makes a difference.

Can someone email me their pref file (remove any personal data) and location so I can modify and use that?

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
Hmm - I don't have a XSquawkBox Resources/ subfolder. I'll create that manually and see if that makes a difference.

Can someone email me their pref file (remove any personal data) and location so I can modify and use that?

I meant the X-Plane Resources folder, not an XSB one. All plugins go into X-Plane/Resources/plugins.

8942.png

Gary Campbell 1174391
Posted
Posted

Okay - thanks for that. I have that folder. Does anyone have a xsb config file in that folder? What's it called and what text is inside it?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

It's called XSquawkBox Prefs, as noted above.

Gary Campbell 1174391
Posted
Posted

Thanks Wade,

My xplane\resources\plugins folder has the following files

xplm.dll

xpwidgets.dll

datarefs.txt

commands.txt

xsquawkbox_vatsim.xpl

and a

pluginadmin folder.

what should be in the preferences file?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Download XSB again. In the package in the "For Plugins" folder, you'll find an XSquawkBox Resources folder.

Gary Campbell 1174391
Posted
Posted

That fixed it - the folder name is case sensitive. That's what was causing my confusion!

Thanks.