You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX lagging?

Eliot Winchell 1188982

Eliot Winchell 1188982
Posted
Posted

Hey guys. I have a pretty sweet PC, but when I try to play FSX on it, it lags every 2 seconds. I'm running it on medium high settings. My PC has 4Gb of RAM, an ATI radeon HD5570 1GB graphics card, a 3.04 GHZ quad core processor, and an MSI Motherboard. What's the problem? I tried running FSX on really low settings and it would still lag once every 2 seconds.

Thanks,

Eliot.

Karan Khanna
Posted
Posted

Hi Eliot,

Did you try checking for the latest drivers for your graphics card ?

Flight Simulator X is very picky about its systems. It could run perfectly on a Core 2 Duo at 2.4Ghz and run like [Mod - lovely stuff] on a system like yours or mine which are identical and far superior than a C2D. However, selecting the right hardware goes a long way in making sure everything works with each other and gives you the best out of your system.

Try updating your graphic card drivers, free up some of your speed by stopping unwanted programs from working in the background and keep your frames per second in FSX to a limited amount.

To view your FPS during game play, press Shift + Z, twice I believe.

Hope it works. If not, throw a message here and we'll try to work through some other solutions.

Cheers

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

The ATI Radeon 5570 may be part of the problem for two reasons - it's an ATi and it's a 55xx series

Neither go in favor of good performance in FS.

But, the actual problem you're describing sounds like a 'STUTTER' and it's usually a problem with CPU performance or HDD performance.

Karan Khanna
Posted
Posted
The ATI Radeon 5570 may be part of the problem for two reasons - it's an ATi and it's a 55xx series

Neither go in favor of good performance in FS.

But, the actual problem you're describing sounds like a 'STUTTER' and it's usually a problem with CPU performance or HDD performance.

Couldn't possibly be the card alone. I use the same card and get decent frames/second at the busiest of airports. According to me, its the latter part of your advise. The CPU and/or HDD performance.

Cheers,

Karan