You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Joystick problem

Thomas Carter

Thomas Carter
Posted
Posted

Hello

I have the joystick "Saitek Cyborg Evo". I've had this joystick for along time, but i have a problem with it, for some reason whenever my throttle is like halfway or under, there is no resistance, in other words its not sticking it just keep slowly falling down until the bottom.

has anyone got any things to solve this problem.

Thanks

Thomas Carter

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

I used to have this problem with my PSS/POSKY 777 merge , the solution was to make sure that the ''sim=PSSB777LR-GE'' is there in each entry for every paint. What used to have is when the switch the Auto-Throttle it either fall down or rise up without actual control for speed , not sure if this match to your problem.

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Thomas Carter
Posted
Posted

No Abdel, i can actually see my joystick throttle falling down, like there is nothing trying to resist it from falling

Thomas Carter

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted
No Abdel, i can actually see my joystick throttle falling down, like there is nothing trying to resist it from falling

Is it happening with all models or only to a specific model ? make sure you are using the correct 'sim=xx' beacuse this might be the reason

Regards,,

s5_logo.png

Thomas Carter
Posted
Posted

Its nothing to do with the Sim, its the joystick

Thomas Carter

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
Hello

I have the joystick "Saitek Cyborg Evo". I've had this joystick for along time, but i have a problem with it, for some reason whenever my throttle is like halfway or under, there is no resistance, in other words its not sticking it just keep slowly falling down until the bottom.

has anyone got any things to solve this problem.

Thanks

as any throttle ages this slowly becomes a problem. if its still under warranty see if the manufacturer will fix/replace it, if not then if you feel lucky open it up and see if you can tighten things up a bit

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group