You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New pilot, need some help getting set up

Tim Radtke 1189436

Tim Radtke 1189436
Posted
Posted

I have X-plane, Everything seems to be logging in correctly, but I see no aircraft and no ATC talk. I was able to log into Squakbox. It stated that i need to change the number of aircraft to more than 1...which i did. I sat out of the way at O-hare chicago to listen and hopefully see some aircraft, but nothing. any clue on what I need to do? I hit enter to talk to ATC I typed Radio Check...and nothing.

Also Like i said, I'm very new, not a pilot and not very familiar with the details of filing a flight plan. How do i file one on X-plan, what do i need? I really appreciate your help.

Tim

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

If you want to fly with ATC, just know that ATC are not on 24/7/365, and all are volunteers. Traffic is also not nearly as heavy as RL, even during events. There are several ways to check for ATC and pilots. As a mac user, I prefer vattastic, however windows users can also take advantage of servinfo and vatspy. Also, there is vatview, a similar website to vattastic.

2vuh2cx.gif