You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Altitude filter

Freek Vandeursen 1101105

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

I have a dual monitor setup, running my main screen (CTR) on 1 screen and 2 other instances of Euroscope (APP & GND) via the proxy server on the 2nd screen. In my APP screen I set an altitude filter, so that high altitude traffic is not shown as it is not relevant there. However, when I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the track of an aircraft, it is still shown in my APP screen, despite the altitude filter. Is there a way to change this?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

I thought so. Thanks for the quick answer.

Maybe a feature request for some future version?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Not sure if that would make sense. What do you want to use that for? As soon as you have an aircraft under control, you need to see it. Of course you might have a different screen for APP like you have in your setup, I have one too in my EDGG setup, but overflying traffic is usually no issue for the much smaller APP airspace. Yes, sometimes an overflying aircraft crosses the lateral boundaries of the APP airspace and is therefore visible on the screen, but that is usually just for a very short time.

Anyway this would have to be an option and not a general change in behaviour of the filters.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I do also think it would not make much sense. And it would be an option prone to be wrong-used. If you climb or descent an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed aircraft through your altitude filter and it suddenly disappears: Wouldn't you think it must have disconnected?

I think such option would lead to problems.

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Yes I see it can lead to problems, especially when using only a single screen. I asked it specially for my dual screen setup as some overflights can be very annoying in a busy APP sector.

But well, it would be only applicable for a few situations, too few for implementation probably.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

start another ASR and then press F7 that way you can have filters on but can switch between APP and upperairspace as required

non-discript self importance signature

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Wouldn't that have the same problem David? tracked aircraft are displayed regardless of altitude filters.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg