You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Request deeper explanation of GUEST feature

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I have a question regarding the GUEST feature of the ESE file. I've read the manual but still can't seem to understand how I should use it. Can someone explain more detailed please?

Aircraft taking off from airport ENZZ will enter ENZZ_APP (Approach) airspace after departure. They will soon be handed over to ENZZ_CTR but some aircraft will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] through ENZZ_D_APP (Director) airspace first. Obviousily I don't want the aircraft to be handed over to ENZZ_D_APP, but to ENZZ_CTR instead. Can this problem be dealt with with the GUEST line (or in another way)?

Thanks

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

No, it is not the situation you need GUEST. For your case just define ENZZ_D_APP sector to be active in the arrival path (sectors may be active only in case of some RWY configuration).

GUEST is use in a very simple way. When ES determine the controller of a position then checks the sectors. When it finds the first matching sector then checks if the current owner is a GUEST of that sector and if so then uses the current owner instead of the sector owner. That is the only logic behind this feature. It is implemented only to handle some for very special, not really standard situations.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer