You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Switching to X-Plane

Ewan Douglas 899831

Ewan Douglas 899831
Posted
Posted

Hey

I am currently switching to XPlane for the majority of my simming (I will still use FS9 for USAVA flights etc) . I have got the peters aircraft A330 and other aircraft running on it, but I am a bit stuck setting it up for VATSIM.

I tried to install xpushback and xsquawkbox into Xplane V9 and when I tried to fire xplane up it crashed on loading plugins, for some reason it wont accept any plugin I try, I did check I had the right binaries installed (i.e not trying OSX binaries on Windows) but no joy?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Ewan

goflymevk8.jpg

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

XPushback makes XPlane crash for many people (but not all).

As for XSB, are you sure you correctly placed the files in the right folders?

New York ARTCC

Ewan Douglas 899831
Posted
Posted

The problem has seemed to disappear when I updated to the latest version of Xplane 9. I still cant get pushback to work. Is there any other way to pushback from the stand on Vatsim?

goflymevk8.jpg

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Yep, you have SimplePushback which does Push, Pull, Autotaxi etc.

New York ARTCC

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

What? I have simple push back and I only get pushed back, no auto taxi! And yes, XPushback caused mine to crash.

2vuh2cx.gif

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Keep pressing SHIFT+F1 to go through the different modes

New York ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

I noticed that there's an X-Plane for Android when looking on the Market yesterday... will there be an XSB for Android? LOL..

Thomas George

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
I noticed that there's an X-Plane for Android when looking on the Market yesterday... will there be an XSB for Android? LOL..

Nope.

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Right, it's difficult enough trying to fly the thing with the tilt sensors... don't think I'd be wanting to tune frequencies and talk to ATC with it too!

Thomas George

• 3 weeks later...
Jeremy Castellanos 1007109
Posted
Posted
Right, it's difficult enough trying to fly the thing with the tilt sensors... don't think I'd be wanting to tune frequencies and talk to ATC with it too!

I use AirTrack for the iPhone, I don't use it to fly the plane for the same reason you mentioned but it's great for fast radio freq switching.