You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for quality Aircraft downloads for FSX

Pete  Locascio 1183780

Pete  Locascio 1183780
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but here goes. I'm looking to add aircraft to my "stable" for accurate aircraft recognition purposes when flying on the Vatsim network.

I've gone to a lot of sites, but I really don't know who to trust for quality FSX aicraft downloads. Some of them advertise FS2004 aircraft which they claim to be compatible

with FSX, but I've had interaction problems with my PMDG aircraft. I tried importing the B777-300 from my copy of FS 2004, but there was no sound and all the cockpit displays were blank.

It also caused so many problems with my PMDG 747 that I was forced to reload it. Any legitimate suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pete L.

Pete Locascio

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

If you are looking for acft to be displayed as traffic, then google World Of AI. It takes time to download each and every set, but totally worth it. They are very easy on frame rates.

But if you are looking for acft models to fly in, then AVSIM, SIMVIATION, FreeSky are some areas you can start looking.

For the former, payware solutions like MyTraffic and Ultimate traffic are also available.

Do mention if you are using FSInn or SquawkBox

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Pete  Locascio 1183780
Posted
Posted

I'm basically interested in display aircraft, since all I fly is the PMDG B748. I went to WoAI and started downloading sets of aircraft, and yes, it is well worth the time it takes to do it.

I'm using FSinn and it displays whatever aircraft I select, instantly. Thanks so much for your info.

Pete L.

Pete Locascio

• 2 weeks later...
Kaleb Depestel 1163784
Posted
Posted

i had roblems with FSInn like the tunner and everything wouldn't work do u know how to fix

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Kaleb, I don't follow your qn. But, why don't you go ahead post for help in the FSInn forum. Describe what you have done and what you are having trouble with. If you can upload a screenshot, other pilots might also be able to help!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1