You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A few Mobo questions

Kyle Hatch 980169

Kyle Hatch 980169
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone!

I have the nVidia geforce 9800GT 1024MB and when I try to max out the graphic settings via nHancer, FS9 starts to stutter real bad. Could my Mobo be slowing down my graphics card? Or is that even possible? I have the Intel DG965RY board and my specs are:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel E2200 @2.2Ghz

4GB DDR2 Dual Channel RAM

nVidia geForce 9800GT 1024MB

I am looking at getting a new mobo anyways so I can OC my CPU and hopefully get better performance out of my CPU. Is it true that a new Mobo will run faster? I have never gone shopping for a Mobo, so I am kind of lost when it comes to them.

Thanks guys!

Kyle Hatch

7605.png

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

You have to remember or take into account that most Mobo's and Intel cpu's are matched, the best way forward would be to doa google search for mobo's against your chip.

The e2200 is getting a little long in thetooth now and perhaps ou might be better off saving a few more bucks and going for a total mobo,cpu ram upgrade.

i had forgotten unless you do good research yu may find thatyor ram might not even fit a new board.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044
Posted
Posted

I would suggest on you to save some money and build a new system , C2D are just too old to handle anything nowadays and Intel and AMD are pushing a very nice line of middle performance CPU's. Going with AMD will get you a better overall value but intel will bring in more technologies and overclocking capabilities to the table.

Suggested lines would be P55 and nice i5 750 combination (up to $250-280) - AMD 880or890 series with a nice 955 or 965 (up to $200-250).

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I would suggest on you to save some money and build a new system , C2D are just too old to handle anything nowadays

Pardon????

1) A Core 2 Duo ran FS9 with excellent performance when the Core 2 Duo was released.

2) The performance of a Core 2 Duo has not changed since its manufacture.

3) The hardware requirements of FS9 have not changed.

4) Ergo, a Core 2 Duo should run FS9 just fine.

Kyle, what resolution are you attempting to run FS9 at? I killed my FS9 performance once by installing a new monitor - it changed the screen resolution and forced my GPU to render 4x as many pixels. Fortunately my new CPU arrived the next day (a Core 2 Duo, no less!) and all was well.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Kyle Hatch 980169
Posted
Posted
I would suggest on you to save some money and build a new system , C2D are just too old to handle anything nowadays

Pardon????

1) A Core 2 Duo ran FS9 with excellent performance when the Core 2 Duo was released.

2) The performance of a Core 2 Duo has not changed since its manufacture.

3) The hardware requirements of FS9 have not changed.

4) Ergo, a Core 2 Duo should run FS9 just fine.

I was thinking the same thing. Back in the day, those processors were the ones to get. I am running my resolution at 1280x1024 x32 which is the "native" resolution on my monitor. Would you recommend getting a new mobo and then OC the E2200 and see what performance I get before looking into the E6700? I can't OC with the board I've got now.

Thanks Luke!

7605.png