You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Plane advice...

Michael Lockwood

Carlos Meneses 907180
Posted
Posted

... the main problem I have with the default 747 is, like I said, I doesn't handle like I would expect the 747 to handle. In XPlane it get airborne in less than half the runway and when you get it up, it yaws wildly at the slightest twitch of my throttle...

Hi Michael, sorry for such a late reply to this but one thing that hasn't been suggested is lowering the realistic and sensativity of the sim. I've read and heard in various places that Austin (the authour of X-Plane) tends to exagerate the sims feel in his default settings. And this tip has helped me. So, to do this in v7xx, go to Settings>Joystick & Equipment>Nullzone tab. Procedure should be the same for v8xx (don't have v8 in front of me).

I have found that reducing the sensitivities to between 30%-50% and the realisms to 50% has helped. But then, I haven't had the prevlige of flying a real 747, or probably ever will!

Let me know what you think.

--

Carlos F. Meneses

Andras Major 951189
Posted
Posted
I use xsquawkbox without a problem in 8.32. Have you review the error.out file in the x-plane root directory after a crash? I can't speak to the 737 plugin, but I would think it's addressed on the xplanefreeware.net site, they're usually on top of issues like that.

Just tried 8.32 for Windows, and both plugins work. Maybe it was the Linux version where the upgrade didn't do much good (that upgrade didn't work particularly well either).

In any case, there is no difference whatsoever, the pauses while scenery is being reloaded (?) are still there. Typically 5 seconds long, during which radio reception is also paused (i.e. transmissions get played back partially and with a delay), which can be quite embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing on VATSIM.

• 9 months later...
Luis Felipe Sanchez Nieto
Posted
Posted

Michael,

Benedikt Strattmann's 737 NG is really a great aircraft, ant the one I fly almost always. But not the only one. Visit www.xplanefreeware.net for a pretty good collection of Boeing&Airbus.

In addition, there is a 747 project. You can see the progress at http://fjavier.cortes.googlepages.com/home

And, last but not least, the GOODWAY TEAM is working on a complex FMC.