You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

accessing unicom messages

Michael Eamer

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

When flying online on VATSIM how do I access the thread of UNICOM messages without posting one myself?

How do I contact another flier on UNICOM?

How do I send another flier a personal message(PM)?

Thank you

Leo Malagar 1033099
Posted
Posted

When flying online on VATSIM how do I access the thread of UNICOM messages without posting one myself?

Answer: just scroll down/up the list of messages that appears on SB or FSINN.

How do I contact another flier on UNICOM?

Answer: just type callsign of recipient and message. remember others can see it, too

How do I send another flier a personal message(PM)?

Answer:

1. If using SB - pull down the menu/options, and you will see CHAT. click and a box appears. type the callsign of recipient and then click ok. then type message on the chat box.

2. If using FSINN, on the message window type .msg cALLSIGN

Thank you

PS. There are other amazing functionalities that you can discover by referring to the manual of SB or FSINN.

Regards.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Leo, both of the pieces of software you referenced are UNUSABLE with X-Plane, so that is not going to help the user who posted the question in an X-Plane forum.

Tune to 122.80. You will then see the messages that are broadcast on unicom in a translucent window. You can make the window sticky by pressing TAB. Pressing TAB again will change it back to 'pop-up' mode when a new message is sent.

To send a private message, press ENTER to bring up the command window, then type .msg [callsign] [msg], ie. ".msg aal123 howdy"

This is all covered in the README that comes with the software.

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Thank you to both of you for a prompt reply, I will give a try next time online.

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

One more thing, page up and page down are used to scroll the text box if there is more than the capacity of it.

2vuh2cx.gif