You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkbox and X-PLANE 9

Topi Heikkinen 1156323

Topi Heikkinen 1156323
Posted
Posted

Hi !

When I fly with XSquawkbox, It works properly but after few hours (5-6) It fails and whole X-Plane shutsdown. And It says : X-Plane Suddenly Stopped. What can I do ?

Model Name: iMac

Model: iMac11,3

Processor: Intel Core i3

Processor speed: 3,2 GHz

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

Show us your log.txt file, check the heat of the back of your computer when it happens. Those are just the ones on the top of my head right now.

2vuh2cx.gif

Chris Kawchuk 1129097
Posted
Posted

Agreed. Smells like a heat problem, not necessarily buggy software issue.

I use Xplane9+XSquawkbox for hours and hours continuously. Yes there's heat buildup on the GPU which I can feel .... and it's a MacBookPro 15", but seems to cope with it no issues.

Which iMac Model?

- CK.

• 2 weeks later...
Brandt Schneider 1116515
Posted
Posted

i have the same problem but its some times as soon as i log in and i have and external fan inderneath of it anything else i can do? could it also be from running to many programs at once?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Seeing the Log.txt might tell us something.

Topi Heikkinen 1156323
Posted
Posted

I think It's the heat problem. I flew now for 13hrs and then it just collapsed, I will bring the log.txt nex time, so we can watch it again

Brian Cheung 1181193
Posted
Posted

Just post the contents of the log.txt file. You don't need to (and can't) watch it real-time.

Brian Cheung - 1181193

ZDC

1181193.jpg

• 2 months later...
Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Im having the same problem too. Except it happens at my startup screen. The first time it happened was today when VATSIM changed servers. When VATSIM came back online my

X-Plane/Xsquakbox crashed. I don't think its is a heat problem for me (though computer is hot) because I took out the Xsquakbox files and X-Plane still worked...put the files back in and it crashed. I'm not a computer wiz or anything so I'm going to wait till tomorrow for my computer cools down, try again and see what happens. If anyone knows what might be going on (ex: an update for Xsquakbox I'm not aware of) help is much appreciated.

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

The crash yesterday was due to a bug in the code that handles a missing server list. It has nothing to do with your system.