You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

05 junio Argentina - Chile Fly-in

Gonzalo Ittusaca Zeballos

Posted
Posted

clarfinal.jpg

Estimados Pilotos:

Después de un exitoso segundo Evento que se llevó a cabo entre Colombia y Perú, ahora queremos invitarles a lo que será el tercer Evento que se realizarán entre Chile y Argentina, el cual se realizará el día Domingo 5 de junio desde las 2100z hasta las 0100z, para lo cual se contará con control en los principales aeropuertos de ambos países, todo tipo de vuelo y aeronave serán bienvenidos en el mismo sin restricción.

Invitamos a todos los Pilotos a participar en este segundo Evento y compartirlo con sus amigos, aerolíneas virtuales, comunidades, etc. Estamos seguros que este Evento será igual de exitoso para toda la División. Finalmente les recordamos tener al día sus cartas de navegación y escenarios, los cuales podrán ser descargados en las siguientes páginas web, al igual que más información sobre cada país:

http://www.accvirtual.cl/

http://www.artcc-argentino.com/

http://www.flightsim.com/

Les esperamos!

Nicolás Larenas

Gerente Eventos y RR.PP VATSUR

Quito – Ecuador

http://www.vatsur.org

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pilots:

After a successful second event that took place between Colombia and Peru, we invite you now to our third event to be take place between Chile and Argentina, which will be held on Sunday 5 June from 2100z until 0100z , for which they will control at major airports in both countries, all types of flight and aircraft are welcome there without restriction.

We invite all pilots to participate in this second event and share it with your friends, virtual airlines, communities, etc. We are sure this event will be equally successful for the entire Division. Finally, I remember having to update their charts and scenarios, which can be downloaded at the following web pages, as well as more information about each country:

http://www.accvirtual.cl/

http://www.artcc-argentino.com/

http://www.flightsim.com/

We'll be waiting for you!

Nicolas Larenas

Events and PR Manager VATSUR

Quito - Ecuador

www.vatsur.org

FIR Lima instructor

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Pretty damn good show already! Well done guys!

argentina%20chile%20event.jpg

Thomas George

Daniel Abella 821841
Posted
Posted

Congratulations VATSUR, Chile and Argentina staff for this amazing event!!

I am very happy looking at so much traffic and ATC coverage

Daniel

Daniel Abellá

Regional Director

VATSIM South America

d.abella (at) vatsim.net

Dennis Mangold 973237
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone.

I welcomed the announcement of this event very much as I like the international atmosphere of VATSIM. For someone from Europe it's always a bit difficult to get reliable information as to when an airport is staffed and in the past there were occasions when coverage was announced but none there. And if you have to fly 10 to 12 hours to get there in the first place, you think about it twice.

This time, I flew SCEL-SAEZ-SCEL and was not disappointed on the Chilean side. Staffed bottom to top from DEL to CTR, already online a bit before the announced time, it was a sheer pleasure. Here is a picture I took while boarding at around 2100Z (The LatinVFR-scenery - by the way - is just awesome!):

rN81EOL3Hw.jpg

And here is the overwiew sometime during the evening:

bPYfLu8B9v.jpg

And here in the middle of the event at 2319Z:

ulGYk4egt8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Argentine side, however, I must say that I was disappointed.

First thing: during the preparations, I was unable to get free charts via the ARTCC Argentino-homepage (they're still not available as I'm writing this):

FS2NFXbEuF.jpg

I had CTR coverage all the way, ok. But there was only one GND controller switching between SABE and SAEZ and for hours he wasn't present at all. No TWR. No APP/DEP. Look at all the planes rushing into Buenos Aires and the planes on the ground in SABE waiting to get off:

wDgqT9zwUg.jpg

They finally got away, but that was very late in the evening, with ATC coverage fading away at almost 0200Z:

PoxmgZDVPz.jpg

I got back to SCEL shortly past 0200Z, the controllers thinning out as well but still present, still calm and very friendly.

The Argentine controllers, especially on Ezeiza CTR and BAIRES CTR have my sympathy, escpecially the latter. I don't know how many aircraft he had to handle. Two major airports top-down during a big event that was advertised around the world with (I quote): "We'll be waiting for you!" is a BIG accomplishment. I had to wait at the threshold of runway 11 at SAEZ for over 15 minutes, engines running, and got away only with an expedited departure after that. The controller apologized several times for the invonvenience, but had too many things to look after at the same time. True.

I really don't understand why there weren't more controllers for an event like this. Don't you have any?

And then, there were a few completely uncomprehending pilots from North America who just couldn't or didn't want to accept that there was only this one controller (I can't say anything about the vast majority of the Spanish speaking pilots as I don't understand the language). They har[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed him about clearances and such things like: "I don't think it's a good idea if you leave the procedure at the [unpublished] holding up to us. ..." Guys, when you can actually FEEL that ATC is completely overstrained, then, please, just try to hold yourselves back a little and don't add strain!

All in all, it was an interesting event for me, even though it meant staying up all night. The Chilean part was, as I mentioned already, superb, and the Argentine side did a pretty good job in a dire situation as well.

The English of all controllers was very good, I understood almost all instructions. Especially on the overcrowded frequencies, the huge amount of Spanish was overwhelming. I understood only a little but often could not tell whether someone was waiting for a readback or a new instruction or if I could p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] my message.

Thanks for the event. I look very much forward to fly in South America again. Next time: please, make sure you have enough controllers, then the event will go even smoother!

Kind regards,

Dennis

Agustin Miglino
Posted
Posted

Dennis,

I was the ATC controlling BAIRES_CTR. Thank you for understanding and sorry for the all the time you were on the ground waiting and waiting. But as you said we needed more TWR/GND controllers at ARG who didn't show up. So Buenos Aires Control handling SABE & SAEZ alone in the dark was craaaazy

And I have to say your feedback it's great thank you!

Hope yo see you around.

Kind Regards

AM

Senior Controller C3 | CMEL 

Posted
Posted

I'm satisfied with this event and those wich took place in the past weeks. I want to thank all the ATCs from Argentina and Chile for the great job done yesterday, and all pilots, I hope everyone enjoyed the experience.

@Dennis: I'm glad that you enjoyed the event. I really appreciate your feedback, it help us to improve the organization for the next events , thank you!

Just a clarification about the charts, the Argentian ARTCC in the past days recived a letter from the aeronautical authority asking to remove all the charts from the vARTCC website. That is the reason that you can't found the charts yesterday.

I hope to see you in our next events (The next sunday we have another one between Ecuador and Colombia)

best regards

FIR Lima instructor

Dennis Mangold 973237
Posted
Posted
[...]I was the ATC controlling BAIRES_CTR. Thank you for understanding and sorry for the all the time you were on the ground waiting and waiting. [...] So Buenos Aires Control handling SABE & SAEZ alone in the dark was craaaazy [...]

OK, thanks for the clarification. I've more thoroughly debriefed my flight now as there are some procedures in South America that I haven't come across in other countries and I must really admit that you did an outstanding job. How many days of sleep did you need after that?

[...] And I have to say your feedback it's great thank you![...]
[...] @Dennis: I'm glad that you enjoyed the event. I really appreciate your feedback, it help us to improve the organization for the next events , thank you![...]

I'm glad that you see it from a constructive point of view! You're welcome.

Hope yo see you around.

I'm sure you will. After all, I've bought a SAEZ scenery for the occasion

[...]Just a clarification about the charts, the Argentian ARTCC in the past days recived a letter from the aeronautical authority asking to remove all the charts from the vARTCC website. That is the reason that you can't found the charts yesterday.[...]

OK, thanks for that piece of information. I saw that the ANAC seem to charge money for their charts, so they can't be interested in anyone giving them away for free... Maybe you could find someone to paint your own charts like some vACCs do (e.g. Austria, Germany, Switzerland)...

I hope to see you in our next events (The next sunday we have another one between Ecuador and Colombia)[...]

Not next week, but I'll be back in South America for sure! See you there.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Agustin Miglino
Posted
Posted
How many days of sleep did you need after that?

I had to called in sick and went to an all day spa for 5 days hahahaha

Cheers Dennis !!!

Senior Controller C3 | CMEL 

Guillermo Snipe
Posted
Posted

Dennis:

First at all I would like to say: THANK YOU (yes, a huge thank you) for your feedback and for your attendance to our event. I´ve read your post and I understand everything you write on it.

Regarding the charts there was a legal requirement to remove all the charts from our site, as gonzalo told you before.

Next week I´m going to have a meeting with the Air Navigation Director on Tuesday 14th, to discuss this topic and to get every single permission in order to recover the charts, and hopefully, we will be doing some agreement with them. (That´s a really good news for all of us in Argentina).

I want to share with you some notes, because I think that you deserve some explanations due to your good attitude, and for giving us your feedback:

The virtual aviation in Argentina is not having its best present. We have lots of Virtual Airlines with lots of pilots, but there is not a considerable amount of flights. A reduced amount of pilots flies a huge amount of hours, and in the last months there is no a regular trend on how the pilots fly on our virtual skies. As you can imagine there are so less controllers, we have a small number of active controllers, and we offer every week a regional event.

That´s the reality and we are not blaming for it, instead of that we´re working hard to increase the activity in our country, both ATC and Pilot sides.

- We increased the number of instructors, our oldest instructors gave a lot of their free time to train new ATCs, with their help there are new controllers walking their first steps on their vATC careers.

- We launched a Virtual Airline recognition program to ensure that the VAs encourages their pilots to be present on the events every thursday in our country.

- We are going to launch a Controller recognition program to reward the controllers with most activity during the month.

- We are improving our relationships with the other regional FIRs, and with all colleagues.

- We reinforced our relationship with Virtual Airlines opening an exclusive sector for them in our forum. (Nowadays they´re not using it a lot, but I think that in a near future the will)

- We are following a strict event calendar, offering a weekly event in our country.

- We improved a lot our website adding new backend systems that help us to manage all our operations easier.

I don´t want to get you bored, but as you can see, we can´t raise the number of controllers or pilots in a week, but we can do our best to encourage everybody to be part of this beautiful hobbie, we´re doing that giving the best of ourselves, it will take time, but I'm sure that we will have success.

Because of that I will say that I was very very happy with the overall event result, there were a lot of controllers (more than expected), there were some of the new controllers staffing SAEZ_TWR, SABE_GND and SABE_TWR (a few minutes before the event start time). I know that we can do the things in a better way, I know that we can enhace a lot of things. We'll do that, I promess, we're in the way.

We gave the best of ourselves that day, I know that maybe the best is not enough, but when you gave your best, that never can be a bad thing. What can I say from Pablo Maciel and Agustin Miglino? They were our heroes that day, almost six hours offering ATC services without TWR nor DEL, there you have a significant sample of our commitment, of what we can do. We only need time, as I told you before we´re in the way, that´s the important thing.

I really hope to see you soon again flying in our region, and to continue receiving your feedback. I hope that you have a better experience the next time that you fly in our skies.

Sincerely,

Guillermo L.K. Snipe

ARTCC Argentino

Director

www.artcc-argentino.com

Dennis Mangold 973237
Posted
Posted

Hello Guillermo,

thank you for that insight!

Things are very different where I live, but then, I believe that the internationality of our online-community is the thing that makes everything so very delightful.

I wish you every success in growing, as I am sure you will. I realize now that it were Central European expectations, what I am used to, what caused my puzzlement. Thank you all for making me understand a bit better!

I'm looking forward to flying in your area again!

Kind regards,

Dennis

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

Ok, I completely missed this event, so the question on my part is, when is the next one?

Posted
Posted

Hello Semir

The next event in our division will take place in the north of Chile this sunday from 2100z(main aiports: SCAR, SCFA, SCDA). You can find the charts and more info here: http://www.accvirtual.cl/descargas.php?desc=1

Also, we are organizing an event the sunday 26 between Bolivia and Paraguay. This will be a great oportunity to fly in one of the highest airports (SLLP, over 13500ft) full staffed.

stay tuned to the forum for more news .

Kind regards!

FIR Lima instructor