You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

gdiplus.dll Error ://

Stefan Petro

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Hello once again

First off, I would just like to point out that yes, I have done research before I posted this, but nothing I have tried helped. Well, the thing is, after reformatting my Hard Drive, installing clean Windows XP Service Pack 3, all up-to-date drivers for my hardware, and a fresh copy of MSFS 2004 I am receiving this error: gdiplus.dll. It happens when I try and select a payware aircraft, does not matter which one. Reinstall drivers? Done that..try older ones? Done this as well. I have done nearly everything I found I can do but to no avail. The message appears, then minimizes and my FS9 still keeps loading. When I select the default aircraft and then the payware, all is fine until I click Exit Flight, the same thing happens. Same thing with going to windowed mode and back, no avail It is even more frustrating as I tried Windows 7 and the problem did not occur, but the flickering screen was an issue because of my Nvidia card. I literally beg anyone that has a solution to this problem I will be most grateful for.

Hope to solve it,

Stefan

8125.png

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Anyone that can help? I have tried everything, now the last thing I will do is put ANOTHER Windows XP I have. If this doesn't work and noone else has any suggestions, the PC will fly out the window. (Not really )

8125.png

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, I have done all of it, to no avail. I am led to the conclusion that my Windows XP is corrupt, even though it's a fresh copy, but I do appreciate your help.

Stefan

8125.png

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Now that is strange. Because you really can't do anything without GDI+ being there. It's in the top 3 dlls next to Kernel32 and User32. The only thing that I can think of that related to payware aircraft is that they are not properly registering the special fonts they use. I know the older PSS aircraft had this issue but I'm not sure they were specific to any particular windows version.

Which video card are you using? Perhaps the onboard memory is corrupt, especially since you seem to have a different issue altogether under Windows 7.

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Hi Erhan

Yes, the other interesting thing is that it when it happens, it minimizes but the loading continues, like nothing has happened. I am currently using Nvidia 9600GT Green Edition but I do have Nvidia GTS 450 or 8400GS. All the same on any card, with any drivers. I really do not know what the problem is. Windows 7 works okay, it's just that hitting ALT or right clicking makes the screen go black for a second or two, then it comes up normally, but I find it annoying so I prefer XP. Btw, the issue in Win7 is a known issue with Nvidia Cards and 32bit OS. I really am in the ends .

Stefan Petro

8125.png

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

You mentioned it was with payware aircraft in specific.. so I imagine default work? If that's the case you do need to isolate the offending .dll in the modules or main directory of FS9. Hopefully you've already tried that as FS initializes and registers all the modules regardless if you are using them or not.

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Yes, Default works like a charm. Is there a gdiplus.dll in the Modules folder? I am currently away from my PC but I will check when I get home, in about 2 hours. Thanks for all the help, hopefully we will get it sorted.

8125.png

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Right, there is not gdiplus.dll file in FS9 at all, so I really have no idea what to do. :/

8125.png

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I've heard of 2 ways to solve this type of problem over the years.

1: Update your video card drivers. If you just did so see if you can roll back to the previous version

2: If nothing else works try loading FS and getting into the cockpit of the default Cessna, then load the payware aircraft you want. I've heard that is a suitable work around.

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, it does not work But thank you anyway.

8125.png

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

Don't know how legit this site is but check it out anyway:

http://www.gdiplusdllerrorfix.com/

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM