You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NWT Airlines - No Virtual Representation

Mark McCoy 823112

Mark McCoy 823112
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now before I start, I must admit I'm not Canadian.. in fact, I've never been to much of the north. I'll also admit that I've playfully enjoyed friendly jabs at America's hat.. err Canada.

That said, I have an immense respect for Canada and her citizens. Beyond that, Canada also has some of the most unique territory in the world.. especially the Northwest Territories. There's something magical about lands that are so sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] as to drive away so much of the life the lower regions enjoy,while still retaining the ability to sustain Inuit communities who spend the better parts of their years in ice and snow, supplied by jets built new before so many of us were born.

I was thinking today that it would be unique to sponsor growth in these regions through perhaps a collective virtual airline initiative to capture the essence of flying for these remarkable airlines, such as First Air, Buffalo, Air North, Air Inuit, Aklak Air, Air Tindi, etc.

I'd be interested in your thoughts and feedback.

Edited by Guest

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

not sure about the others, but there is a virtual Buffalo Air and if i remember right they are approved by the real Buffalo

over at FSE we have lots of folks that fly in these areas, altho most of those seem to prefer offline flying, we are trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]imilate them slowly to VATSIM, resistance is futile

Mark McCoy 823112
Posted
Posted

Heh.. I hear you. I'm also an FSE'er myself, but I was thinking about something more realistically specific to these actual airlines vs. just flying here. Something that's specifically geared to flying in the NWT.

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Depending on the aircraft involved, I'd totally go for it. I've been wanting to get into bush flying for a while.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

There is also another VA that is in the works called Canadian Northern or something to that extent.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

• 2 weeks later...
Tim Hobin 1084425
Posted
Posted

Buffalo Virtual is the only Canadian Airline sponsored by the RW Buffalo and highly active Vatsim, Offline and IVAO and has access to all info from RW Buffalo. There is another Canadian North at http://canadiannorth.virtual-airlines.com/ which just on recent check popped in. So there are Two and Canadian Xpress makes three as im one of there pilots and found usually roaming the Arctic.

vafs_status.php?cs=MPE001&clr=255,190,1&w=0