You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anyone good with Computers?

Jason Kaye 961584

Jason Kaye 961584
Posted
Posted

So I just bought a computer I configured that's rated at 109fps on a monitor that's 1920x1200 Im just curious if my current monitor's highest output is 1440x900 do I need a new monitor for my simulator to look "good" or does the 1920x1200 and etc not effect this part?

Blue, forever & always N566JB

virgin2.jpg

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

You'll be fine.

If you have the money for a new monitor go and buy one but i wouldn't worry to much about it.

Only thing is make sure you set the resolution in the sim to the same as the monitor.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Kyle Rodgers 910155
Posted
Posted

Not to make this too complicated, but your current monitor really isn't the issue. Rather, the issue is your video card. Your video card's highest output will be the highest output for the new monitor. Generally, when looking for monitors, you want to find one that has a native resolution closest to the resolution you are going to be using, set through the control panel.

In the end, though, again, your highest res will be the highest res available on your video card. From there, just make sure to set FS to the same resolution in the settings.

Kyle Rodgers

The content of this post, unless expressly written, refers only to those procedures in the United States of America,

following the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations thereof.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Just FYI, anything over about 60fps is pretty much "gravy." In fact, I've run sims at 20 fps that looked just fine. Obviously the more horsepower the better when money isn't an issue, but if you're at 70 fps, you don't have to be sweating how you're going to find money to get to 100 fps.

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

Yep, I think the human eye is unable to detect anything higher than 30fps. Of course, that doesn't stop us!

generate-signature.php?login=SWA1460

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted
Yep, I think the human eye is unable to detect anything higher than 30fps. Of course, that doesn't stop us!

Tell that to the stutter and lack of motion smoothness you tend to notice below 50-60FPS