You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Holidays Of Holidays 29-31 december 1600-1600 UTC!

Or Netzer 894448

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted

banner5.jpg

Holidays Of Holidays event!

48 hours of full ATC covrage in LLBG!

check it out for more details:

http://www.vatil.org/events/hanooka2005/Index.php

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Internal public relation manager

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Wow.... I will do my best to be checking that out... sounds amazing!!! (and the event clip on the top of the page is outstanding!)

cheers from Chile

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

I will be opening OLBA (Beirut) APP, so you guys can expect help from the north Best of luck.

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted
I will be opening OLBA (Beirut) APP, so you guys can expect help from the north Best of luck.

Im going out of the thought that you cant hold alone 48 hours so from time to time take a plane and fly with us as well

Wow.... I will do my best to be checking that out... sounds amazing!!! (and the event clip on the top of the page is outstanding!)

cheers from Chile

We will expecting you and your friends! thanks for the feedbacks!

Cheers from Israel

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted
Im going out of the thought that you cant hold alone 48 hours so from time to time take a plane and fly with us as well

Maybe I wasn't clear on this one , Mouin and me will be opening APP for the whole 48H (different time zone helps ) so it's guaranted we will offer service for OLBA APP

Mouin El Khechen 923677
Posted
Posted

i already have a fridge, elec. griller, Coffee machine,, Coffee, sugar, cream, coke in the fridge, and menus for McD, Burger King, Dunkindonuts,,,, etc...

so, only 48 hours u say?!

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
i already have a fridge, elec. griller, Coffee machine,, Coffee, sugar, cream, coke in the fridge, and menus for McD, Burger King, Dunkindonuts,,,, etc...

sounds like your gonna need a treadmill after this event! LOL

This is gonna be a great event!

Mouin El Khechen 923677
Posted
Posted

sounds like your gonna need a treadmill after this event! LOL

This is gonna be a great event!

nice one , well me and alex are doin our best mainly

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted

LOL even in the control room we dont have all this! (we try to keep our controllers small so they can fit in a smal room for control (and a chair))

well good luck mate,

BTW LCCC maby join you for the whole event

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
(we try to keep our controllers small so they can fit in a smal room for control (and a chair))

For anyone who Knows Or personaly... he is living proof of the "Small Controller"! LOL

( I will catch you at the next ILS meeting Or! )

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Jeeze, 48 hours?!

I'll definetly be flying in, although it'll probably be my first time in Israel. Be lookin' out for an L1011!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

John Speranza 908835
Posted
Posted

Count me in

Never flown in the middle east before...Well, except this one charter out of ORBS, but that doesn't count.

Can't wait!

Looking forward to ATC!! See you guys there! Look for some just as crazy Pilots to fly in from the USA! (That is, crazy because we do 14-hour legs, and you because you do 48-hour events...lol)

Posted
Posted

By the way...are there signups available? I think that'd be a nice way for controllers to be able to estimate the traffic at a certain time. Plus maybe we could put in a requested parking spot/gate?

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted
By the way...are there signups available? I think that'd be a nice way for controllers to be able to estimate the traffic at a certain time. Plus maybe we could put in a requested parking spot/gate?

Well mate eurobook i think its the best place and i am corrently with Arek (webmaster of Eurobook) he will help us publish and make a spot only for slots for our event!.

Our estimate for traffic is A LOT!!! so its not the problem, as the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant event coordinator i will kill mysefl if i wont see a lot of traffic.

A request for parking can be check in the Roger Wilco channel we will open during the evet.

my recomandetion is to download LLBG sceneray thats including Terminal3 , for max relisem both pilot and controller.

Count me in

Never flown in the middle east before...Well, except this one charter out of ORBS, but that doesn't count.

Can't wait!

Looking forward to ATC!! See you guys there! Look for some just as crazy Pilots to fly in from the USA! (That is, crazy because we do 14-hour legs, and you because you do 48-hour events...lol)

Your invited to fly with us all the 48 hours. my recomendetion if you want a lot of time with us .. small legs from Europ etc.

but a flight from KJFK can be nice

Jeeze, 48 hours?!

I'll definetly be flying in, although it'll probably be my first time in Israel. Be lookin' out for an L1011!

Welcom for the first time. I can promise you youll be back here again and again!

For anyone who Knows Or personaly... he is living proof of the "Small Controller"! LOL

( I will catch you at the next ILS meeting Or! )

If youll able to see me

P'S

All questions can be written here or in the email written in the events homepage

Thanks!

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Posted
Posted

Well mate eurobook i think its the best place and i am corrently with Arek (webmaster of Eurobook) he will help us publish and make a spot only for slots for our event!.

Our estimate for traffic is A LOT!!! so its not the problem, as the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant event coordinator i will kill mysefl if i wont see a lot of traffic.

A request for parking can be check in the Roger Wilco channel we will open during the evet.

my recomandetion is to download LLBG sceneray thats including Terminal3 , for max relisem both pilot and controller.

I don't use Eurobook though, I was just proposing a general signup page (I'd be more then happy to help you with the coding if you need it). It would be fun for pilots flying in to see where other pilots are flying in from, etc. No biggie, was just wondering though.

I've downloaded the add-on scenery and tested it out (it's very very impressive!), and I've got my gate all setup for where I hope to park. See you folks at the event - AMT8941 will be coming in from Bangor, ME (KBGR)

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

re the scenery: The event page has links for the aerodrome scenery only. I would suggest visiting the download section of http://www.vatil.org :we have a lot of photoreal sceneries, landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts], mesh and more. The final to LLBG looks great with Tel-Aviv photoreal, objects and landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] for example - try it out!

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted

I don't use Eurobook though, I was just proposing a general signup page (I'd be more then happy to help you with the coding if you need it). It would be fun for pilots flying in to see where other pilots are flying in from, etc. No biggie, was just wondering though.

I've downloaded the add-on scenery and tested it out (it's very very impressive!), and I've got my gate all setup for where I hope to park. See you folks at the event - AMT8941 will be coming in from Bangor, ME (KBGR)

Well the code is not the problem we have our talented webmaster.

The problem is the past, the past touhgt us that at least at our event people leave our slots empty, so why bother

i dont think slots will make the event less great then it should be, correct me if im wrong

re the scenery: The event page has links for the aerodrome scenery only. I would suggest visiting the download section of http://www.vatil.org :we have a lot of photoreal sceneries, landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts], mesh and more. The final to LLBG looks great with Tel-Aviv photoreal, objects and landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] for example - try it out!

Kill me but i forgot mention that!

Thanks pal.

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Posted
Posted
The problem is the past, the past touhgt us that at least at our event people leave our slots empty, so why bother

i dont think slots will make the event less great then it should be, correct me if im wrong

We may not be on the same page -

I was meaning something like a general signup page, where any pilot can sign up. They would input information such as their callsign, name, airport departing from (obviously arriving in LLBG), route, and ETA.

I think what your referring to is to have X amount of slots available, and pilots each fill in those slots...which I would definetly agree is a bad idea because you wouldn't want to restrict traffic coming to the event.

Or Netzer 894448
Posted
Posted

We may not be on the same page -

I was meaning something like a general signup page, where any pilot can sign up. They would input information such as their callsign, name, airport departing from (obviously arriving in LLBG), route, and ETA.

I think what your referring to is to have X amount of slots available, and pilots each fill in those slots...which I would definetly agree is a bad idea because you wouldn't want to restrict traffic coming to the event.

We are in the same page, slots where you olso input time.

You olso got Eurobook and i recommend you to use it, its a great tool for flight planing.

regards

Or Netzer

VATIL 7

Ido Rosenthal 899496
Posted
Posted

Just to let you know Nicholas, usually arm D is kept for El Al, arm C for other major airlines and arm B for charters.

I also recommand you guys to use TLV PHOTOREAL for a great view during the landing (you should try it once on your own though to see that you are ok with frame rates), if you wanna have another great sight of Israeli landscape I suggest making another short leg from LLBG to the south (meaning u'll fly above Jerusalem), could be LLOV or LLET (which has its own great photoreal scenery) or even fly to Egypt HESH(Sharem A-Sheh)/HEGN(Hurghada).

5336.png

Ido Rosenthal

Ait Aviation - AIT001

www.ait-aviation.org

Posted
Posted

Okay thanks, I'll check out the charts for which gate. I'm a little hesitant to download the photoreal scenery because like you pointed out, could have a frame rates hit, and after a 10 hours flight, I don't want a frozen FS

Oren Geva 825051
Posted
Posted

Nicholas,

The two photoreal sceneries are not much of a frame rate hit. I don't think you will feel any hot at all.

However, IMHO, they truly shine when flying VFR.

If you will just arrive or leave from over the Mediterranean sea, you will no have time to notice them, as you will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] over the photoreal coverage area during your final approach or departure where things are busy.

Personally, I wouldn't install them if I was in only for inernational flights to/from BGN.

If you plan of flying more around Tel Aviv, that'a different story.

142.png

Marvin Thompson 810254
Posted
Posted

This is good news, 48 hrs. of ATC !! I'll finally be able to do a flight with your ATC team. Which of the sceneries are compatible with each other, or are they all compatible? I noticed you have a part 2 scenery, but not sure which is part one.

Tel Aviv airport scenery is working great, no noticeable influence on my CPU.

Marv

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Most of the sceneries are fully compatible, but there are some exceptions.

I suggest you use this excellent tutorial written by Mr. Zeev Kahn - http://www.sk-flightsim.com/scenery.html

(be sure to download the latest Eilat scenery, I believe it is version 3 and not 2, but don't shoot me if I am imagining stuff ).

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

Oren Geva 825051
Posted
Posted

Nope, there is EIlat V3

142.png