You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Good headsets?

Adam Vianna 1159285

Adam Vianna 1159285
Posted
Posted

I currently have a decent headset (audio2 FX) but it doesn't have much padding and so gets uncomfortable after a while. This has gotten very annoying now that I am a virtual atc and I don't get the respites that come from going to unicom during flight. I was wondering what headsets the members of the community use (and would suggest) because I'm looking to buy a better one. Thanks.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

are you looking for something like real controllers use or just anything good?

personally, stay away from the wireless headsets. they seem to be hit or miss with a lot of folks.

mine a is a logitech USB headset i picked up at best buy for $60. pretty good, very clear. comes with a protective case if you have kids

Adam Vianna 1159285
Posted
Posted

I'm just looking for something good. Any headset that's comfortable and has sufficient sound quality for controlling/flight is what I'm looking for.

I've heard that logitech makes some good hardware. I'll have to see what models my local store has in stock.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I've been using the Logitech Premium USB 350 for a few years now and am absolutely thrilled with them! Comfortable for long periods of time and great voice and aural quality, and great manufacturing quality.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

I've got a very light plantronics headset that I can easily wear for 4 hours

or more.

Very clear and easy to use, and I can use it as a USB headset but it also has audio jacks.

So the choice is mine.

f1cert.gif