You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

POF Issues

Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hello, we've recently modified a sector, and the pof wont [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign squawks in the defined squawk range.

This is the sector not working:

LFFF_U_CTR:Paris Control Upper:124.720:98:C:LFFF:CTR:LFFF:CTR:5700:5767

This is an example of a working sector:

LFFF_CTR:Paris Control:128.100:66:C:LFFF:CTR:LFFF:CTR:5700:5767

LFMM_CTR:M[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ille Control:126.150:67:C:LFMM:CTR:LFMM:CTR:5600:5637

etc.

Any ideas?

New York ARTCC

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

Just made a test with the line you supplied (on sweatbox of course), and it worked perfectly. Some tips to check would be ensure that your connection information is valid for a controller, i.e. a valid control facility type and rating. Also make sure you are primed up with that sector in the Comm box. I would also recommend not using the 5700 squawk...at least in the US anything ending in 00 is a non-discrete beacon code, and not valid for radar services in most environments. (This obviously may not apply to you though.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hi Kenneth, yep I did tests, connected with Center and my rating. Comm box 124.720 PRIM

As for the squawks, they are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to us by VATEUD, and we have no jurisdiction on those

New York ARTCC

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hmm, I just did a test.

I created a file: test.pof

I only inserted LFFF_U_CTR:Paris Control Upper:124.720:98:C:LFFF:CTR:LFFF:CTR:5700:5767

It works..... so maybe something wrong with the way the our current pof is designed in the inside. We use a file called Europe.pof with plenty of positions in them, and to be honest I dont know the origins of this file, we've been using it for years. Maybe its messed up in there somewhere.

I'll have to create a new POF, no biggie.

Kenneth, would you mind sending me your POF so I can check something?

Thanks

New York ARTCC

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
at least in the US anything ending in 00 is a non-discrete beacon code, and not valid for radar services in most environments.

Not necessarily true. While off topic, just wanted to point out only specific 00 codes are non-discrete which are defined in the 7110.65 Section 5-2.

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted
Hmm, I just did a test.

I created a file: test.pof

I only inserted LFFF_U_CTR:Paris Control Upper:124.720:98:C:LFFF:CTR:LFFF:CTR:5700:5767

It works..... so maybe something wrong with the way the our current pof is designed in the inside. We use a file called Europe.pof with plenty of positions in them, and to be honest I dont know the origins of this file, we've been using it for years. Maybe its messed up in there somewhere.

I'll have to create a new POF, no biggie.

Kenneth, would you mind sending me your POF so I can check something?

Thanks

Like you I basically created a test POF to test for the position. Or did you mean the .pof for our ARTCC? We have a similar breakdown in our ARTCC .pof, and it works as it is supposed to.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

No, I had a blank text docomeent. I inserted that one line, save it as test.pof and connected etc. And it worked

New York ARTCC