You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xplane Screen Glitch

Daniel Ernst

Daniel Ernst
Posted
Posted

Fairly recently, I've encountered a problem in x-plane which has been quite irritating. I couldn't find anything like it in the forums, so I would be incredibly greatful if someone could help me sort it out.

The Problem:

In all of the aircraft that I fly, the bottom left corner of the screen seems to be frozen. In this approximate area, I cannot press any buttons or do anything. This is extremely bothersome in aircraft that have BATT, avionics, generators etc. in this region (such as the default C172) as I cannot fly a realistic flight starting from cold and dark. I've tried playing around a bit with settings, but nothing I've done has made any difference. If it helps at all, I've noticed that these buttons do work in the 3-D panel, but not in the standard 2-D.

I'm running x-plane 9.70 (I had the same issue in 9.69) on an Imac with OSX 10.5.8. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel,

I have the same setup as you and have no problems. Yours may very well be isolated. Although this is a VATSIM/XPlane forum you may find better luck going into a XPlane Hardware forum. do you belong to XPlane.org?

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

Check your preferences and plugins. I also don't have the same issue with that setup, so those are more likely.

2vuh2cx.gif

Daniel Ernst
Posted
Posted

Wow, thank you both so much!!

You were right about the plugins Brendan. Turns out I had an invisible plugin window in that area.

I really appreciate it!

-Daniel

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

When in doubt, always delete preferences. If that doesn't work, plugins are quite possible.

2vuh2cx.gif