You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Project Airbus A321 + WILCO Merge Questions

Mahmoud Fadli 819693

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone,

I currently have FS2004 and the Project Airbus A321. I've been working on trying to merge the aircraft with the WILCO Feelthere A321 IAE Panel and I'm having some problems. I've done merges before, and the A318/A319/A320 merges went fine (even did CJElite merges for the A318 with no problem). The A321, however, is another issue and I'm having a hard time trying to figure it out. I've searched the net to try and find something helpful, but so far I've come up with nothing.

Specifically, my issue with the PA A321/WILCO FT Panel Merge has to do with the stabilizer trim. The aircraft's trim is overly sensitive, and it seems like the autoflight system is trying to compensate for the aircraft's tendency to pitch up by applying a lot of nose down trim. I've attached a screenshot below of the issue. Any ideas what can be causing this? I played around with the trim_effectiveness section but to no avail. Note that the screenshot was taken as the aircraft was pitching up to climb on autopilot.

TRIM-ISSUE.jpg

The other issue I have is with the engine spool up time. It takes almost twice as long to spool up to take off power (both on FLEX and TOGA) than on the A319/A320. I understand that there might be slight differences between the A319/A320/A321 engine options, but I don't think that results in increased spooling times between the three types.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

Diego Pedraglio
Posted
Posted

I've merged all the models with the PA. I'm using the wilco flight dynamics and .cfg though, and only copied the [contact points] and [lights] section of the PA aircraft.cfg to the wilco aircraft.cfg

Diego Pedraglio

Mahmoud Fadli 819693
Posted
Posted
I've merged all the models with the PA. I'm using the wilco flight dynamics and .cfg though, and only copied the [contact points] and [lights] section of the PA aircraft.cfg to the wilco aircraft.cfg

Would you mind sending me your A321 merge?

MFSIGVATAME.png

Mahmoud A. Fadli - 819693

Deputy Region Director

VATSIM Africa & Middle East Region

http://www.vatame.org

"Strength in Diversity"

• 1 month later...
Mark Bennett 1041058
Posted
Posted

I've just managed to merge the Wilco A318 panel with the Wilco A319 as I prefer the LCD Screens but I keep getting a flap warning if I select flap 1 for takeoff. Is it possible to work around this?

gdrsig-01.png