You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Someone fly with me

Steven Johnson 1201132

Steven Johnson 1201132
Posted
Posted

Would someone fly with me? I am new

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

What do you mean fly with me? Do you mean share a cockpit and fly together? Because that is impossible with X-Plane as far as I'm concerned, you can only do that in MSFS.

2vuh2cx.gif

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Steven,

If you are able to maintain basic control of your airplane and are willing to spend the time to learn how to use the software, and use one of the many resources out there to learn to talk with ATC, there's no reason why you can't do it alone. We all did

Get to work, buddy!

• 1 month later...
Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

We here at Orbit Air know we are not the biggest airline company out there, but that does not matter, We have the best Flight Attendants, Pilots, Co-Pilots ANY airline would DREAM to have. We have a VERY extensive fleet though (more on the way!) from CRJ-700's to Boeing 747's, we have it all! To some people Orbit Air is a dream VA, We don't operate a VAFS or US ACARS, as it is just too much money for a small airline, But our pilots can fly on VATSIM (callsign. OBT) Also we do special events like fly-ins and many more! And remember "Orbit Air is ALWAYS there!"

Join Virtual Orbit Airlines and come fly with us. We support X-Plane users, like myself, but not fully. What I mean is that we are still working on getting the liveries compatible with X-Plane. No VA experiance is required. If you are new to X-Plane/VATSIM we will help you out and or train you. There are a lot of Exsecutive Spots open so if you join now you can start out on top. We are a new Airline and would love to get more Pilots on board. If you are intersted in joining, checkout our website http://virtualorbitair.webs.com/ or contact the CEO- [email protected]. Hope you can join us and we'll see you out there.

Your Fellow VATSIM Pilot,

Connor O'Brien

Virtual Orbit Airlines COO

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

• 3 months later...
Eric Edwards 1189173
Posted
Posted
We here at Orbit Air know we are not the biggest airline company out there, but that does not matter, We have the best Flight Attendants, Pilots, Co-Pilots ANY airline would DREAM to have. We have a VERY extensive fleet though (more on the way!) from CRJ-700's to Boeing 747's, we have it all! To some people Orbit Air is a dream VA, We don't operate a VAFS or US ACARS, as it is just too much money for a small airline, But our pilots can fly on VATSIM (callsign. OBT) Also we do special events like fly-ins and many more! And remember "Orbit Air is ALWAYS there!"

Join Virtual Orbit Airlines and come fly with us. We support X-Plane users, like myself, but not fully. What I mean is that we are still working on getting the liveries compatible with X-Plane. No VA experiance is required. If you are new to X-Plane/VATSIM we will help you out and or train you. There are a lot of Exsecutive Spots open so if you join now you can start out on top. We are a new Airline and would love to get more Pilots on board. If you are intersted in joining, checkout our website http://virtualorbitair.webs.com/ or contact the CEO- [email protected]. Hope you can join us and we'll see you out there.

Connor O'Brien

The link on your homepage won't work, I myself would like to check it out

a9753c3dbf15ad66378ef0f171a8a06c_ekmk.png

Eric Edwards

Executive Director, North American Airways

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Connor O'Brien

Sadly that VA is discontinued for the moment due to the fact we could not keep paying for the domain name. How ever I can suggest a few that are similar to it with a very friendly enviroment and FUN to fly with. Right now I fly for Southwest Virtual Airlines - http://www.swavirtual.com - and it is a blast!!! We have TeamSpeak server that someone is always there to talk to. Lots of events, tons of routes. If your looking for someone to fly with it won't take you very long, unofficaial group flights are organized by SWA pilots on a daily basis. Me personally, I fly at least once every weekend if not more, and I'm always up for a group flight. I've only been a part of SWA virtual for 2 months and I have enjoyed every moment of it.

VATSIM Supervisor

Real World Pilot

Eric Edwards 1189173
Posted
Posted

Connor O'Brien

Sadly that VA is discontinued for the moment due to the fact we could not keep paying for the domain name. How ever I can suggest a few that are similar to it with a very friendly enviroment and FUN to fly with. Right now I fly for Southwest Virtual Airlines - http://www.swavirtual.com - and it is a blast!!! We have TeamSpeak server that someone is always there to talk to. Lots of events, tons of routes. If your looking for someone to fly with it won't take you very long, unofficaial group flights are organized by SWA pilots on a daily basis. Me personally, I fly at least once every weekend if not more, and I'm always up for a group flight. I've only been a part of SWA virtual for 2 months and I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Yeah see I won't fly for an airline that does not offer an X-Plane fleet. I've flown for 3 X-Plane airlines, had differences with all 3, trying out the other two that I have not yet tried and I'm seeing a very poor teamspeak attendance, hence why I started my own airline.

a9753c3dbf15ad66378ef0f171a8a06c_ekmk.png

Eric Edwards

Executive Director, North American Airways

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Well actually I'm an X-Plane user. For SWA we X-Plane users just have to look on http://www.X-Plane.org for the aircraft. (basically find it yourself, they don't provide the links YET). Actually, I have also started my own VA, Virtual United Airlines (for X-Plane). It is a work in progress, but I have confidence it will get of the ground when I get more features for it. If you want, feel free to check it out. http://www.virtualunitedair.webs.com . As of right now there is no TS, but I have Skype till I get that set up.

Connor

VATSIM Supervisor

Real World Pilot