You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i need a little help.

Grayson Wright 1201444

Grayson Wright 1201444
Posted
Posted

In x-plane how would i set up my mic and headset so that the simulations sound (engines, landing gear, flaps, etc.) would come through the computer speakers and atc come through the headset?

Brian Cheung 1181193
Posted
Posted

What operating system?

Brian Cheung - 1181193

ZDC

1181193.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Xplane will play the ambient noises through your default playback device (specified in the operating system). You should set that to be your speakers.

Xsquawkbox has the ability to play the ATC audio through any connected audio device, not just the default.

With those two pieces of information in hand, you can configure your operating system and the Xsquawkbox plugin to give you what you're looking for.

• 1 month later...
Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

When connected to Xsquakbox go to "set up audio" and select what you would like to talk/recieve from i.e your headset. X-Plane automaticly plays engines and other sounds through the speakers and wont play it through your headset. I have a logitech that connects via USB port and it works very well. However it you have a Headset that connects to the earphones slot, I don't know if the computer will recognize it as seperate from speakers.

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot