You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EASTERN WIND 2011 - VATASIA 10th Anniversary Event Aug26-28

Alfred Tang

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

EWforVATSIM10.jpg

VATASIA's largest annual event, Eastern Wind, has made its way back.

Eastern Wind 2011 will span the August 26th weekend, kicking off on Friday (Aug 26) evening and winding down on Sunday (Aug 28) night. This year we will feature an extended route that connects a series of main aviation hubs in the VATASIA airspace, not to mention a comprehensive coverage of excellent ATC service at each airport.

Since 2011 marks the 10th anniversary of VATSIM and VATASIA, to celebrate this special occasion, this year's EW will feature a contest whose winners will receive prizes from our generous sponsors. Details and rules for the contest will be published on VATASIA website and VATSIM forum at a later time.

So whether you're are recreational pilot who flies a Cessna 172 or a four-stripe commander of a jumbo jet, gear yourself up with charts and coffee and be ready to visit our 14 airports in one weekend.

=============================

schedule2.png

Scenery:

RCTP

Please be advised that runway number change will take place right before the event. For accuracy, please download the following addon files.

AVSIM account required

FSX RCTP update (all 3 files must be installed)

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=158880

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=158881

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=160988

FS2004 RCTP update

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=158653

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=159123

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=52812aff5a2ddd0f391d7d881749d3a7e04e75f6e8ebb871

-------------------------------------------

RKSI

http://bigmail.nate.com/download/sid=8&info=788892d21ba4ba8df0a0affcc37ac97edbec873ead2f572d912e3e388886a149ac0f6d302aa78a28d87947455a65e067b28b3f2df60a1ed4c60b5e6ea4

UHWW

"Dear friends, the earnest entreaty to establish last scenery of the airport Vladivostok under http://vatrus.aero/airport.php?icao=UHWW&lang=en. This version of the scenery not final, because the new airport will be constructed to the summit APEC in 2012, but this scenery includes new runways, taxiways and stands."

VVTS

For VVTS, there is a great one from Thai Creation on the following link:

http://

http://secure.simmarket.com/xin-chao-saigon-tan-son-nhat-international-vvts.phtml

This one can work on both FS2004 and FSX (already tested), although the author said for FS2004 only.

http://twitter.com/vatasia

6bbfe7889cfollow-us-on-twitter.gif

Pilot Lucky Draw

Pilots who have flown at least 8 event segments of Eastern Wind will automatically qualify for a lucky draw for a chance to receive one of the three pilot awards.

Pilot awards include (one set for each):

1.PMDG NGX

2.Captain Sim

3.Air Traffic Atlanta 1 year subscription.

===============================

ATC Lucky Draw:

All you will have to do to enter the ATC lucky draw is to be present and working at an event position (any position at the featured airport or respective APP/DEP positions or CTR positions that cover event routes) during the entire period your home division's event airport is supposed to be in service. As long as you are actively controlling aircraft you will be counted as working. Each division/VACC will have a representative (preferrably the division director or VACC Chief or the representative in this group) taking attendance and submitting to the regional staff a list of controllers who have controlled for the full period at the airport. Names on these list will enter a lucky draw from which 3 lucky winners will be selected to win the 3 ATC prizes.

===============================

VATASIA 10th Anniversary Event (Eastern Wind) Pilot Lucky Draw Terms and Conditions:

1. A lucky draw will take place simultaneously during the VATASIA 10th Anniversary event (i.e. Eastern Wind), which is scheduled for the Aug 26th weekend (Aug26-28). This lucky draw will take place in the form of a contest which is opened to any VATSIM member participating in Eastern Wind except VATASIA regional staff members. Participation in Eastern Wind and the lucky draw is completely voluntary; participants can choose to withdraw from the lucky draw or the event at any time. Pilots who choose to enter the lucky draw must agree to comply with these terms and conditions.

2. There will be three pilot awards to be given to 3 winners randomly selected in the lucky draw.

3. To enter the lucky draw, a VATSIM pilot must have completely flown at least 8 of the specified event segments. The schedule of the event, which contains all the specified segments, is available on the VATSIM website, the VATSIM forum (under the VATASIA section) and the VATASIA website. In case a discrepancy exists among these sites, the schedule on the VATSIM forum will be considered the final and the most up-to-date version.

4. To completely fly an event segment, the pilot must begin the flight from the apron or a boarding gate of a specified event airport, must successfully take off from such airport, maintain at its cruising altitude entirely online, and must complete the entire descent and landing process at the destination airport of the segment online. Pilots are strongly encouraged to taxi to the gate following local procedures, although this is optional. All relevant rules and VATSIM rules must be followed. Pilots found to have violated relevant rules will be immediately disqualified and their cases may be subject to the review of VATSIM Membership Director.

5. In addition, pilots must arrive at the specified event airport no later than 1.5 hours (or 90 minutes) past the official end time of that segment. Controllers will not record any flight that arrives into the destination of the event segment 90 minutes after the official end time of the segment. For instance, if the official duration of the segment AAAA->BBBB is 0600z-0730z, local controllers at BBBB will only record flight arrivals until 0900z. Any flight arriving at BBBB after 0900z will not be recorded, and that flown segment will not be counted for the lucky draw entry requirement.

6. At the end of the event, the name of the pilots who have flown at least 8 event segments will enter a pool from which 3 winners will be drawn to receive the pilot awards. This process will be conducted by both VATASIA Regional Director and VATASIA Deputy Regional Director. VATASIA divisional directors are welcomed to oversee the process for fairness. Winners will be announced on the VATSIM forum and VATASIA website and will be contacted via their VATSIM email address. Any winner who fails to respond the notification email in 7 days is deemed to forgo his/her prize. A new winner will be randomly selected from the pool of remaining names.

7. In the case when fewer than 3 pilots have flown 8 event segments, the entry requirement, i.e. the number of event segments flown, will decrease by one to allow more pilots to be drawn. In such case, any who have flown at least 8 segments will receive one of the prizes and the remaining prize(s) will be given to randomly selected winner(s) whose name(s) is drawn from the pool of pilots who have flown at least 7 segments. After that, if there are still fewer than 3 pilots who qualify, the number of segments flown required will further decrease until there are at least 3 qualified pilots.

8. VATASIA reserves the final right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the final right of decisions.

NOTICE TO EVENT CONTROLLERS:

1. All TWR, APP, DEP and CTR controllers (and FSS controllers if applicable) are kindly requested to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist with keep track of a record of pilots who have participated in the event. Specifically, TWR or DEP controllers are requested to make a record of flights that have successfully departed from the event airport to the next event airport. TWR or APP controllers are requested to make a record of flights that have completed their entire arrival process into the current event airport. This record should include the callsign of those flights, the name and PID of the pilots in charge of those flights and should be submitted to Alfred or Deepan for review.

2. While VATASIA may provide support if needed, divisions are more than welcomed to coordinate in their own way to make these records available.

====================================

Terms and Conditions for Eastern Wind ATC Lucky Draw:

1. A ATC lucky draw will take place simultaneously during the VATASIA 10th Anniversary event (i.e. Eastern Wind), which is scheduled for the Aug 26th weekend (Aug26-28). This lucky draw is opened to any controllers working at an active ATC position for a VATASIA division during the period in which the featured airport of that division is supposedly in service for the event. All home controllers and visiting controllers except VATASIA regional staff members are allowed to participate in this lucky draw. Participation in Eastern Wind and the lucky draw is completely voluntary; participants can choose to withdraw from the lucky draw or the event at any time. Pilots who choose to enter the lucky draw must agree to comply with these terms and conditions.

2. There will be three ATC awards to be given to three winners randomly selected in the lucky draw.

3. To enter the ATC lucky draw, a controller must be present and working at an event position (any position at the featured airports or respective APP/DEP positions or CTR positions that cover event routes) during the entire period your home division's event airport is supposed to be in service. Should there be a confusion over which positions are considered an event positions, controller should consult their respective division directors.

4. Specifically, a CTR controller should be present 60 minutes before the official ETA of the previous leg and 90 minutes after the official ETA of the next leg. A DEP/APP controller should be present about 30 minutes before the ETA of the previous leg and about 90 minutes after the official ETA of the next leg. An aerodrome controller should be present about 20 minutes before the official ETA of the previous leg and 90 minutes after of the ETA of the next leg. This amount of time can be adjusted to accommodate delays and extended coverage if required and VATASIA staff will decide whether one qualifies for the lucky draw at their discretion in special cases.

5. Visiting controllers, whether or not they belong to a VATASIA division, may participate during the period his or her visiting division at VATASIA is in service for Eastern Wind. Such controllers should following the above requirements as home controllers do. Controlling at multiple VATASIA event airports during Eastern Wind WILL NOT increase the chance of winning the prizes (i.e. one entry for each controller regardless of how many event airports he or she has controlled at)

(For example, AAAA-->BBBB ETA 0100z ETD 0200z and BBBB---> CCCC ETA 0200z and ETD 0330z. CTR controllers at BBBB must be present from 0100z to 0330z. APP/DEP controllers at BBBB must be present from 0130z to 0330z. Aerodrome controllers should be present from 0140z to 0330z)

6. Division directors, or a representative of a division, should take attendance of the controllers who have provided service for the full period as said above and meet said requirements. This attendance sheet should include the names, the PID, and the position(s) of the controllers who can enter the lucky draw. Failure to do so may jeopardize the chance of entering the lucky draw of the entire division. This attendance sheet should be submitted to Mr. Alfred Tang or Mr. Deepan Mehta before 0000z on August 29th, 2011.

7. The names of the controllers who are on the attendance sheet will enter a pool from which 3 winners will be drawn to receive the ATC awards. Awards will be randomly distributed to these 3 winners. This process will be conducted by both VATASIA Regional Director and VATASIA Deputy Regional Director. VATASIA divisional directors are welcomed to oversee the process for fairness. Winners will be announced on the VATSIM forum and VATASIA website and will be contacted via their VATSIM email address. Any winner who fails to respond the notification email in 7 days is deemed to forgo his/her prize. A new winner will be randomly selected from the pool of remaining names.

8. VATASIA reserves the final right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the final right of decisions.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Igor Melnick
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear friends, the earnest entreaty to establish last scenery of the airport Vladivostok under http://vatrus.aero/airport.php?icao=UHWW&lang=en. This version of the scenery not final, because the new airport will be constructed to the summit APEC in 2012, but this scenery includes new runways, taxiways and stands.

post-70829-0-04370100-1310561419_thumb.jpg

post-70829-0-51063300-1310561411_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Russia, Welcome to Vladivostok,

Best regards,

VATRUS UHWW FIR CHIEF

Igor Melnick

Edited by Guest

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Igor,

I LOVE that scenery. I'll post a picture that I took with it when I get home.

Al,

Great event, looks like it should be great fun, I really hope it is a success, depending on how the times work for me I'll dust off a jet and drop by!

Thomas George

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted
Igor,

I LOVE that scenery. I'll post a picture that I took with it when I get home.

Al,

Great event, looks like it should be great fun, I really hope it is a success, depending on how the times work for me I'll dust off a jet and drop by!

Thanks Thomas. We are looking forwarding to seeing you in our airspace during the event.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Genno Songcayawon 1083638
Posted
Posted

Some questions..

I installed the scenery provided by VatPRC particularly the ZSPD and ZGGG. I wonder why I'm seeing blue patches near the area of terminal 2 and also terminal 2 building is not showing up?

Does the 90 minute rule also applies to departures or depart exactly at the given time?

ACH0174.jpg

Igor Melnick
Posted
Posted

thanks for all pilots on first leg UHWW-RJBB, from time to time it was hot Glad to see you at Vladivostok again!!!

Christian Zhang 1151064
Posted
Posted

Thanks for ATC!

• 4 weeks later...
Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Here is the list of winners. Terry Scanlan from VATSIM BoG will be contacting these individuals via email very soon to arrange for delivery of these prizes.

Pilots:

1.PMDG NGX Chi-Cheng Liu 995723

2.Captain Sim Alex Dung 1018882

3.Air Traffic Atlanta 1 year subscription. 1109077 Sunil Alles

ATC:

Soukirou Kaneyoshi (Vietnam, VATSEA) 1148778 - PMDG NGX

Seo, Youngho (VATKOR) 944683 - Flight1 Software

Wei-chin Teng (VATROC) 815092 - Air Traffic Atlanta.

Bao Lee (HKVACC, VATSEA) 1113715 - Computer Pilot magazine 1 year subscription

Thien Ngyuen (VATSEA) 1160680 Computer Pilot magazine 1 year subscription

Thank you for your participation and support.

***Red color indicates a correction to a previous typo

Alfred Tang (934809)

Deepan Mehta
Posted
Posted

Congrats to the Pilots and ATC for winning these great prizes, and thanks to all the others for all the hard work

in making this a fun event for all those who participated.