You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC question (UDP3290)

Nick Cyra 1149288

Nick Cyra 1149288
Posted
Posted

Hello, a simple question really. Uhm, when observing at ZDC for about two months I noticed the trouble of VRC port timing out, resulting where I cant hear other pilots and controllers after a while. My settings were al correct, the nice staff and controllers over there made sure of that, my sound settings were fine and Mic as well. I found this topic on the vatsim forums, and decided to follow the steps to open the port UDP3290, I realized once logging into the Router, that port was already opened and allowed, and I clicked Always, to make sure it never times out. After that time, i still had timing out problems. I disabled my firewall, yet still had issues with not being able to hear others on VRC after a certain time. Im wondering, if I need to do anyting else to fix this, or since everything like the firewall and UDP3290 is open and closed, if its just a observing problem now. Or anything else i need to do would be great to fix this. Thanks, no rush.

site_logo1.png

"The pride of Austria" Austrian Virtual Airlines

virtual.austrian.com

Nick Cyra 11180

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

try forwarding the port to your actual IP address in the router configuration, and double check the firewall on your PC itself too.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Nick Cyra 1149288
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply, im sorry, im quite new to this ( External Computer stuff). How would you do that? I have a DI-524 router.

Thanks

site_logo1.png

virtual.austrian.com

Nick Cyra 11180

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
Thanks for your reply, im sorry, im quite new to this ( External Computer stuff). How would you do that? I have a DI-524 router.

Thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DI-524+port+forward

Nick Cyra 1149288
Posted
Posted

Great should've looked this up myself. Thanks much!

site_logo1.png

virtual.austrian.com

Nick Cyra 11180