You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is this a good computer?

Diego Daudt

Diego Daudt
Posted
Posted

IDK. I bought this computer about 1 year ago, in June 10'. Here are the specs:

- Windows 7 HP 64 bit SP: 1 (Stock)

- Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (2.93 GHz) (Stock)

- 8 GB DDR3 (Stock)

- ATI RADEON HD4650 1GB, PCI-E (Upgraded)

- 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive

- TSSTcorp DVD+-RW Drive

And yeah... the rest is just sound card which doesn't matter. Stock means I didn't upgrade that category and upgraded means that.... well.... I did.

1199250.jpg

^ That.

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

It'll run FSX just fine if that's what you are wondering.

Diego Daudt
Posted
Posted

It'll run, no. It runs. I'm just asking what you all think about it.

1199250.jpg

^ That.

• 3 weeks later...
William Sequeira 1192651
Posted
Posted

Your HD and Ram are great. Seriously, unless you do work at home that is a huge processing hog, 8gigs is more than any game needs, or ususally any application....(read usually).

Now if you have PS, Gimp, Vegas, FSX, Internet, and what now all running 100%, then that processor might slow you down. But 2.9ghz is more than enough for the moderate worker.

I have a Dual core, i3-530, that ran stock at 2.93Ghz, well, I OC'ed it to 4GHZ stable, and it is running like a champ, and I can still step it back to run FSX and not notice any real different.

What did you have in mind for the computer? And what type of Ram and speed is it running? Anything like 1333 and you don't need anything more than that..

Anything about that, and unless you are doing what was stated above, you are no more than likely to see ~2 or ~3% performance increase in gaming.

1192651.png

Diego Daudt
Posted
Posted
Your HD and Ram are great. Seriously, unless you do work at home that is a huge processing hog, 8gigs is more than any game needs, or ususally any application....(read usually).

Now if you have PS, Gimp, Vegas, FSX, Internet, and what now all running 100%, then that processor might slow you down. But 2.9ghz is more than enough for the moderate worker.

I have a Dual core, i3-530, that ran stock at 2.93Ghz, well, I OC'ed it to 4GHZ stable, and it is running like a champ, and I can still step it back to run FSX and not notice any real different.

What did you have in mind for the computer? And what type of Ram and speed is it running? Anything like 1333 and you don't need anything more than that..

Anything about that, and unless you are doing what was stated above, you are no more than likely to see ~2 or ~3% performance increase in gaming.

I need a new graphics card and proccessor. I'm building my own rig on Christmas ! I can't run FSX with a little bit of rain or even snow. It lags like

1199250.jpg

^ That.