You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSpy Update v1 DOWNLOAD [Beta]

David Malinowski 1087539

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, since I'm running out of suggestions, I figure I might as well release it and correct problems/inaccuracies as I get the chance. The link can be found here and copied to as many ARTCC/FIR forums as you want to copy it to. The other "official" links may be found at the NYARTCC and VATUK forums. Thanks guys!

Download HERE

To install these, you click the start menu, type %appdata%/vatspy in Run/Search and replace the files in that folder with the files enclosed. Rename the original ones first as a backup.

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johan Grauers

• David Malinowski 1087539

• Dave James 1018738

• Aaron Schpitzer 1174936

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johan Grauers

Johan Grauers 14 posts

• David Malinowski 1087539

David Malinowski 1087539 12 posts

• Dave James 1018738

Dave James 1018738 7 posts

• Aaron Schpitzer 1174936

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936 6 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 23 2011

10 posts

• Aug 25 2011

6 posts

• Aug 28 2011

5 posts

• Dec 20 2011

5 posts

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Nice work, some questions.

Is Padova FIR always included in Milano FIR now? I notice it's gone.

Reyjkavik Radio covering greenland at least used to be called BGCC_FSS (IIRC). How ever it seems it's now changed again, perhaps someone from VATEUD can bring some clarity to this?

Any chance of getting the new london sectors updated? I think you can skip the TC sectors but having LON_W, N, S and C correctly shown would really help pilots I think.

Well that's all my quick look found, I'll post with more stuff if I see any.

Nice job

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
Nice work, some questions.

Is Padova FIR always included in Milano FIR now? I notice it's gone.

Reyjkavik Radio covering greenland at least used to be called BGCC_FSS (IIRC). How ever it seems it's now changed again, perhaps someone from VATEUD can bring some clarity to this?

Any chance of getting the new london sectors updated? I think you can skip the TC sectors but having LON_W, N, S and C correctly shown would really help pilots I think.

Well that's all my quick look found, I'll post with more stuff if I see any.

Nice job

That'll happen soon enough (UK sectorization). I've got a lot going on at home and I'm still trying to devise the most efficient way to split that up. And this is the point, to have errors corrected

And Padova I think is combined with Milan, yes.

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

Jamie Luca Dobinson 111247
Posted
Posted

Padova is not a FIR, it is a portion of airspace delegated from Milano (LIMM) ACC to Padova (LIPP) ACC. LIMM FIR includes both LIPP and LIMM ACCs. The sector LIMM_N_CTR, on 127.450, provides top-down coverage for both LIMM and LIPP ACCs if LIPP_N_CTR is not online. LIPP_N_CTR can be opened independently however when online it only covers LIPP ACC. Here you can see a detailed diagram of LIMM FIR.

Hope this helps

VATITA Training Director

[email protected]

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Nice, thanks

Johan Grauers

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

New thing

St.Petersburg control also covers ULOL, ULPH and possibly even some more FIRs. This was changed in the latest servinfo update

Johan Grauers

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted
New thing

St.Petersburg control also covers ULOL, ULPH and possibly even some more FIRs. This was changed in the latest servinfo update

Clarify this exactly? Is this a UIR?

Okay and today I updated the GULF_FSS to include Egypt and Jordan. Sorry I'm being a bit Teamspeak-ish about this.

Current occasional pilot

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Teamspeak is good

No it's just that there's no need to cover those FIRs separately (due to traffic levels) so it's constantly bandboxed (at least that's how I've understood it).

I'm sure someone from VATRUS can clarify if they see this

Johan Grauers

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I updated the one David just realeased to show all airports in CZUL FIR as well, and a couple minor ones in CZYZ that were missing. I'm working on fixing some other things as well in the CZYZ-CZUL boarder. Here is the download link to the airport file, http://www.box.net/shared/fuuk0ymzxhs4hxu0anh4 , I will upload the updated boarder when I finish.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

CZUL, ZNY, ZOB, ZBW Visitor

Canforce CEO

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

What's up with the ZMA, ZMO and MYNN borders, The way it's displayed ZMO / ZMA seem to overrule MYNN's airspace when they are both active, as well as either of them covering up half of MYNN when online alone?

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I noticed that too

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

I added a few missing airports in addition to a few updates. But officially, the full implementation of Quebec's update will have to wait (je ne seis pas porquai...désolé mes amis de Québec!)

And that's how ZMA/MYNN work in terms of Airspace. MYNN only controls up to a certain level. These boundaries are the actual boundaries described in both the ZMA sector diagram in addition to a recent airspace map.

Current occasional pilot

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Oh I remembered now.

ESOS control covers ESAA fir (ESOS+ESMM FIR)

ESMM Control covers ESMM fir only.

Right now ESOS is shown as covering ESOS fir which is not correct since it also covers ESMM when not online.

Johan Grauers

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Hi David,

Re the UK sectorisation, does Vatspy facilitate a dual function ownership of airports in two FIR's. (Something that Servinfo cannot do) ?

This is related to airfields/airports showing correctly for each FIR.

In other words, as an example, if EGTT_CTR is online covering the whole FIR plus just one other sub-sector at the same time, lets say for example LON_W, which sector would "own" EGFF and EGGD ?

At the moment, any "LON" call sign is aliased to light up the whole EGTT FIR as active, I am interested in how you are going to achieve the sectorisation properly so that pilots can use Vatspy effectively

Regards

David

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Vatspy can only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign one area to one control position.

Example:

Sweden is divided into two AoRs ESOS and ESMM

All of Sweden FIR is called ESAA

We use ESOS and ESMM ctr.

ESMM ctr covers ESMM AoR (logical right?)

ESOS covers ESOS and(!) ESMM AoR.

How ever ESOS can't be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned both areas in Vatspy, to work around this we define ESAA as a new area (being equal to ESOS+ESMM) and say that ESOS_CTR cover ESAA AoR

This means that if ESOS Signs on all of Sweden shows as controlled, if ESMM signs on only ESMM AoR shows as controlled.

For london what would have to be done is to define several areas. Perhaps

EGTT (as it is now)

LON W

LON N

LON SC

LON S

LON C

LTC

MAN

Then you correlate the positions to these

EGTT = LON CTR

LON W =LON W (duh)

etc

This way for example if you sign in as LON_SC you will show as covering the entire area, if one of the splits sign on later it will be shown correctly.

It's a fair bit of work but I belive this is the only way taht will work, if I'm wrong I'm sure Ross or someone else will correct me

Johan Grauers

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

I understand what you have done there Johan.

If EGTT is hard-coded as an FIR into the program, then any LON callsign will illuminate the whole FIR due to the bandboxed callsign of LON_CTR being the Primary (top down) control position - this already using the alias function. This was the stumbling block with Servinfo, naming convention and alias.

Hopefully, David can find a way around this

Regards

David

David James

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

Updated for all CZUL and CZWG airports now as well Tim had previously added all CZYZ airports, next on my list is CZQM+CZQX. Still working on boarder between CZYZ-CZUL. Haven't uploaded new one yet, gonna wait till I do all of Canada then maybe send it to David and have all the canadian airports copied and pasted into whatever updates he has.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
I understand what you have done there Johan.

If EGTT is hard-coded as an FIR into the program, then any LON callsign will illuminate the whole FIR due to the bandboxed callsign of LON_CTR being the Primary (top down) control position - this already using the alias function. This was the stumbling block with Servinfo, naming convention and alias.

Hopefully, David can find a way around this

Regards

David

Ah right, forgot about that, Vatspy only looks at the first sequence.

Not sure how we can work around that, but then I'm not the most experienced with vatspy either.

Johan Grauers

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I updated the update and it now has every airport in Canada. David, let me know if u want me to send u the canadian airports portion of VATspy.dat to paste in.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

John Grauers, can you please confirm that the BIKF/BGGL boundaries are correct please? Thanks!

Current occasional pilot

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Yep they look right

Johan Grauers

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

To go back a bit, there is a workaround for the LON problem.

If you sign in with LON-C_CTR, LON-N_CTR etc, then vatspy will accept them as covering diffrent areas. This is done with ENBD and ENBD-S_CTR, ENBD covers all of ENBD except for ENBD-S (even when not staffed separately) and ENDB-S only covers that area.

Johan Grauers

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Good news !

But what do they light up on the map ? Will be interesting to see.

David James

EXS_3.jpg

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

They ligt up the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned area, what needs to be done is this.

Create 7 new areas giving us

EGTT (the current area)

LON W

LON N

LON S

LON C

LON SC

LTC

MAN

Presuming you want LTC and MAN to show up in vatspy offcourse, they can also be integrated into LON N and S areas.

Then you "attatch" the sectors along this scheme

EGTT = LON CTR

LON W = LON-W_CTR

LON N = LON-N_CTR

LON S = LON-S_CTR

LON C = LON-C_CTR

LON_SC=LON-SC_CTR

LTC=LTC_CTR

MAN=MAN_CTR

Fairly straight forward. What will happen is that if you sign in with for example LON-W Only that area will light up. If you sign in with LON-SC that area will light up. If LON-S signs on afterwards it will light up that area but in a diffrent shade (this can be seen if ENOR CTR signs on at the same time as one of the sub-sectors ENOS, ENSV, ENBD-S or ENBD).

If someone types it wrong and sign on with LON_S instead of LON-S the entire EGTT FIR will ligt up (Because Vatspy will think LON_CTR signed on, not LON-S).

I'm actually quite confident this would work, even though it would offcourse take a bit of work.

Johan Grauers

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Seems fairly plausible, should be good to see at long last, superb

David James

EXS_3.jpg