You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZIP Files

Robert Bodner 940061

Robert Bodner 940061
Posted
Posted

When I go to www.vacc-sag.org I am able to bring up the web page and thence when I go to the charts link I can get the link for charts for all German Airports.

I do log in with my valid ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

My problem is this--When I pick ANY , repeat ANY airport and try to download the complete ZIP file this airport ---I can do this--- and I have the ZIP FILE on my computer.....However , when I try to open the ZIP file I receive this error message;

THE COMPRESSED( ZIPPED) FOLDER IS IS INVALID OR CORRUPTED

Of course I cannot open the ZIP file

I have a valid copy of WINZIP and have downloaded many files on other sites using WINZIP. I have WINZIP 14

Is there somthing wrong with all ZIP files on the site ???

Any help here is appreciated

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

that is strange. I just randomly picked the All In One package of "Friedrichshafen EDNY" and the ZIP and its content worked perfectly for me.

What browser did you use to download the ZIP-files? I have heard from other users that they downloaded a ZIP (not one of our chart-files) and they had the same issue. After downloading it on another computer and copying it to their current one, it worked! Strange!!

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

So you are saving it and not just opening it?

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

Out of curiosity I wonder whether it might open for you with WinRAR or even just the default Windows decompression utlity. Could be how the files have been compressed maybe, not sure.

Thomas George

Robert Bodner 940061
Posted
Posted

I recently went to IE8 and Previously I had IE7.

I did download some ZIP Files from the site previously when I had IE7 and I guess because now that I have IE8 the site "does not like me"????

I am saving the file now when I download it , and when I try to open it I get the error message. Even when I do not save it, but try to open it , it still gives me a error message

I am using XP

As I mentioned, I have downloaded ZIP files now ( with IE8) from other sites and I am able to open these files

I hesitate using RAR files because I am not comfortable with it and would rather use ZIP

Thanks for your input

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Robert,

I had some trouble with my default Zip Utility in XP quite some time ago. Everytime I would download a scenery my utility kept telling me the download was p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word protected. Several emails to the authors confirmed they were indeed not protected.

Several posts later on the AVSIM Forums led me to this Zip Utility (freeware) and to date it has never failed me...nor asked for a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. www.7zip.com I have used to to unzip and zip files for about nine months now and love it.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training