You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cape Town arrivals 18th September

Bill Casey

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

I was chatting with George Condes the other week about our group of pilots coming into CT on the 18th Sept as a leg of our Round the World. We're coming in from FMMI and departing there c. 1300z so probable FACT arrival about 4-4.5 hours later having crossed FAJS airspace on the way. Any control would be most exciting!

We are a group of UK pilots who were formed years ago to provide well behaved traffic for ATC training in the UK so we do know what we're doing and are usually well prepared for all our flights. There are usually about 6 of us on each leg of this lark and I nagged for CT to be included for the simple reason that I fell in love with the place when I was there to see Michael Vaughan's England (getting hammered) at Newlands in 2005. We'll be flying in on the evening of the 18th and then departing again about a month later (date TBC).

I know you guys sometimes struggle for traffic so thought a bit of advanced warning of some chaos might be appreciated! We'll bring the Biltong provided, as George promised, you guys bring the Boerwurst and Windhoek

Bill Casey

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Thank you Bill, we are looking forward to this.

Events team has been notified.

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png

• 1 month later...
Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

We'll be departing Cape Town on the next leg of our tour this Sunday, 16th, at 1300z on our way to Georgetown. It looks like our numbers will be down this month so maybe only 4 of us. Many thanks for the control last month!

Bill Casey

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bill.

I'll make the neccessary arrangements.

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

Thanks Daniel and Deon, great service and much appreciated. I'm just sorry our numbers were so much down on usual for you.

Bill Casey

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted

Hi Bill,

Our pleasure as allways. You are more than welcome anytime...

Deon Mathews

VATSAF Events Manager

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team