You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Plane with Squawkbox crashes, without , everything OK

Michael Eamer

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

I run x-plane version 9.67 on a Macbook pro 17" with Mac OSX version 10.6.8. Processor is 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo and 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 of memory.

As early as a few hours ago I could fly Benedickt's 737/800 on Vatsim with no problems. As I have been for over 6 monthe.

Now X-Plane crashes upon opening every time I try to open with the Squawkbox plugins in the plugins folder.

When I take the Squawkbox plugins out, X-Plane opens up with no problems.

I put the Squawkbox plugins back in and when I open, X-Plane crashes.

What's going on? a few hours ago, with no differences in my set-up, no problems.

What gives? Thank you all.

Brian Cheung 1181193
Posted
Posted

A bunch of users (myself included) are getting immediate crashes on startup despite no configuration changes. Not sure what's going on.

Brian Cheung - 1181193

ZDC

1181193.jpg

Charles Berry
Posted
Posted

Same here. If you start x-Plane with your computer disconnected from the internet, x-Plane will start up OK. Then connect to the internet... xSquawkbox and everything else seems to work fine. But, this is a bug somewhere that started before 2300Z on Aug 31st... so.. looking for a permanent fix. I see there was a network problem with VATSIM earlier in the day.. related? I will PM the xSquawkbox developers.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Found the problem - temporary fixed plugin for Mac is here:

http://www.dogwatchsw.com/flight/XSquawkBox_VATSIM_Mac.xpl.zip

Windows version will be up shortly

Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted

XP 9.67 on OSX 10.5.8...solved!

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Thank you Wade, problem solved, replaced the old squawkbox plugin with the one you made available here.

Do we leave it in permanently or do we hold on to the old one for re-installation once the problem is solved

at vatsim?

Again, thanks for your help!

By the way, I just noticed, today is exactly one year I've been a member. Hope the bug wasn't an anniversary present

Brandon Vlasak 901000
Posted
Posted

I did all the following of what was said above, but All i have in the box now is..." Server: enter server"

the dropdown list that would normally show any or all servers is completely void of anything.

Somewhere up above the clouds is where you'll find me

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

http://www.dogwatchsw.com/flight/XSquawkBox_VATSIM_Mac.xpl.zip

Windows version will be up shortly

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

Brandon Vlasak 901000
Posted
Posted

Still not fixed for me

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
I did all the following of what was said above, but All i have in the box now is..." Server: enter server"

the dropdown list that would normally show any or all servers is completely void of anything.

Just type in the server name.

Brandon Vlasak 901000
Posted
Posted

Thats extremely clunky if you ask me.. but oh well.. i found the ip address for USA-E so I got back in the server at least .... i hope theres a more permanent fix asap.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
Thats extremely clunky if you ask me.. but oh well.. i found the ip address for USA-E so I got back in the server at least .... i hope theres a more permanent fix asap.

Sorry to disappoint you.

There will be a more permanent fix when the server list is restored.