You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to get on a server with an IP and name when no server

Quinton Moretz 1198500

Quinton Moretz 1198500
Posted
Posted

I am not getting any list of servers when attempting to sign on to XSB. I have updated to XSB4 and also added the recently released fix from the XSB websight, but with the fix there is no server list. I was reading a post about another member having a similar problem and he got the IP address and the name of the server and manually got back on the server. Just entering the name (i.e., USA-E) is not enough, already tried. I don't know what to do with the IP address though as this is obviously the part that I am missing.

Where can I get the IP address and how do I tell the XSB to use it. I'm not that good with networking so none of this "IP" stuff makes any sense. I am really desperate to get back on VATSIM so any help is appreciated.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

You don't need the IP address. You can just type in the name (though the IP address will work fine too) in the server field.

Just type in:

usa-c.vatsim.net

usa-w2.vatsim.net

usa-n.vatsim.net

etc.

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

same-problem here just type in usa-e.vastim.net (or whatever one you want to connect to) and it works.

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

Brandon Vlasak 901000
Posted
Posted

I've been a bit desperate too i hope theres a more permanent fix soon.. its way too clunky imho to type each server you want to connect to.

I am not getting any list of servers when attempting to sign on to XSB. I have updated to XSB4 and also added the recently released fix from the XSB websight, but with the fix there is no server list. I was reading a post about another member having a similar problem and he got the IP address and the name of the server and manually got back on the server. Just entering the name (i.e., USA-E) is not enough, already tried. I don't know what to do with the IP address though as this is obviously the part that I am missing.

Where can I get the IP address and how do I tell the XSB to use it. I'm not that good with networking so none of this "IP" stuff makes any sense. I am really desperate to get back on VATSIM so any help is appreciated.

Somewhere up above the clouds is where you'll find me

Quinton Moretz 1198500
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. I was trying just "USA-E" with no joy. Then the panic set in.lol Hence my post; although as I waited for a reply I tried just the IP address and it worked! Then all I had to do was contend with my wife that was not going to see me for the rest of the night.lol

I initially was greeted with an error message the previous night when the change in servers disrupted xsquawkbox from loading properly on xplane. I had not thought of looking down at the bottom of the splash screen where you could pinpoint an error when it happens. I'm guessing I was the only one that was a seconds away from reformatting their hard drive because I was convinced the problem had nothing to do x-plane, but rather my OS.

I did however in my paniced state re-install xplane, which was a sad story in of itself as I lost all of the planes that I had edited as well as custom airports. I was so frantic that I didn't think to just pull that stuff out of the x-plane folder. What a nightmare! My wife will miss me tonight too

Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted

Fingers crossed while knocking on wood, but I've never lost ALL the servers from the drop-down list.

However, there are still only the four that were there a couple of nights ago when this whole thing erupted: USA E, and three Euro servers.