You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Please tell me which pilot client will let see other planes

Nicodemus Nwankwo 1187052

Posted
Posted

Please, i need a client that will allow me see other pilots planes clearly in details, including paint, and no lag in takeoff or landing, am currently using sqawkbox, but when ever am watching other planes landing or takingoff, they always lag, and their details not clear, so anybody tell me other client to use that will allow me see other pilot planes online, just like if am flying offline, thank you

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

That will be Squawkbox 684.35, released in 2120.

2vuh2cx.gif

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

FSInn works just fine.

Mark.

847924.png

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Lag (or Latency) is a common part of Network infrastructures. On VATSIM it usually isn't too bad if you pick the server closest to you in network location as the ping times and response times are usually a lot quicker.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted
That will be Squawkbox 684.35, released in 2120.

current one does just fine if you do it right

position reports on VATSIM, if i remember correctly, are every 5 seconds. in between those 5 seconds, the clients try to "predict" where the aircraft will next appear. sometimes theyll get it right and the update will appear smoothly, sometimes itll be off a little and youll see that jerky motion.

Jean-Sebastien Paquet 1007
Posted
Posted

As far as i understand, it is in the hand of the person that have the paint job to make it available... for example for us at AirHighway, we used to be a normal VIP Boeing 747-400. We have been very lucky and a very good guy (THANK YOU MARC W.) did for us the paintjob for SquawkBox available here: http://highwayairlinesgroup.wikispaces.com/SquawkBox+Livery+Model+Set. Now i just discovered that some one using fsinn could use the same model if he take the time to do the setting in fsinn but i have no idea of how fsinn work. Anyhow, both the client are ready for you to see all the paintjob if they are available and you take the time to set your client correctly.

AHW-VaList-005.png

sig.php?userhash=A1eTf5u2Dfsv6GMbkws630gJ&

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Nicodemus: Try FSInn... huge difference in the clients with respect to animation. Though FSInn is rather difficult to install.

Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone, i think i will switch to fsinn, now do anyone knows the settings of how i should do it?