You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC a/c selection issue

Shehryar Ansari

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

On my laptop am having a strange issue with VRC. If I log on to VRC, I am unable to select an aircraft target with my mouse by clicking on it.

However, if I get a handoff from another controller I am able to select the aircraft. Also if I know the callsign of the aircraft and I ASEL it and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a squawk code and he complies I can then begin to select the aircraft.

Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Un-check Realistic Data tag mode in Settings->General->Data Tags if it is checked.

If not, I'm not sure. I'll look into it further in the VRC forums and see if I can dig anything out before Ross sees this.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
Un-check Realistic Data tag mode in Settings->General->Data Tags if it is checked.

If not, I'm not sure. I'll look into it further in the VRC forums and see if I can dig anything out before Ross sees this.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul,

That appears to be what was wrong.

Thanks

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

With realistic tags mode on, you can only work with a target via mouse commands if it is squawking its [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code. This is to simulate the real-world situation where an aircraft will not tag up (showing its callsign) until it is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated to a flight plan, and that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation is done by squawk.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
With realistic tags mode on, you can only work with a target via mouse commands if it is squawking its [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code. This is to simulate the real-world situation where an aircraft will not tag up (showing its callsign) until it is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated to a flight plan, and that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation is done by squawk.

Good to know that Ross.

Thanks

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor