You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What am I doing wrong? (repaint)

Connor O'Brien 1202523

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

I just got finished doing my first aircraft repaint (using GIMP) for the VA I fly with. I can not get the paint to show up on the aircraft in PlaneMaker or X-Plane. I saved the paint file as a .png and I also tried saving it as a .PSD but still no luck (yes, i flattened it). I painted on the background but I don't think that has anything to do with the issue. I was wondering if anyone has had this promblem and or knows how to fix it. I don't need a tutorial (YET ), but a list of do's and do not's and things like that that would cause the paint file to not work. I don't know if it is the paint file, program, or my X-Plane itself. If anyone can help me out that would be awesome .

Connor O'Brien

Virtual Orbit Airlines COO

PS. The VA I fly for is Virtual Orbit Airlines. Right now myself and the CEO are working on getting the VA fully compatable with X-Plane. If I am able to find the solution to my paint problem then we will be X-Plane compatable. I know there are not a lot of VA's out there for X-Plane, but if I can fix this problem there will be one more. If you would like to join us X-Plane users, like myself, fly with the correct aircraft (minus the livery) till we get the liveries out for X-Plane. Also we fly on the VATSIM network and not on private servers or anything like that. If you want to check us out visit http://www.virtualorbitair.webs.com/ and if you have any questions you can contact the CEO on his e-mail at [email protected].

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

Did you put the paint file in the liveries folder for the correct aircraft? Also, about your airline, free websites sometimes turn people off.

2vuh2cx.gif

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted
Did you put the paint file in the liveries folder for the correct aircraft? Also, about your airline, free websites sometimes turn people off.

Yes I did put it in the right aircraft folder, which is a reason why I am really confused. It is a normal paint file, like you download, but it doesn't show up. The only thing I can think of is I painted it "wrong", but is there really a way to do that. And about the VA I fly for, even though it is a free website it is 100% legit. Money is hard to come by these days

VATSIM Supervisor

Real World Pilot

• 2 weeks later...
Grant Bonsant 1163630
Posted
Posted

If you painted the file wrong, it should still show up as a livery...it would just be messed up. So, which aircraft did you create the paint for? A link to the aircraft would be very helpful

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

To everyone who posted here. I have fixed the problem. I wasn't saving it with the exact name . Anyway thanks for the tips and offering to help me.

VATSIM Supervisor

Real World Pilot