You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

fsx apphangb1

Dan Giordano

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

hey guys, i got this error tonight, not sure why this would happen out of the blue. have not installed any new scenery, airplanes, panels. the only thing i really added was sounds for an aircraft, but i wouldn't think that would have anything to do with anything. i got this flying over Alaska, re flew the flight and did not get any error. any reason this would show up out of the blue like it did? and yes i have updated drivers. Also, is there a reason i have so many errors in the event viewer, its not like things are crashing on me all the time.

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Hang Signature: f7fc

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

Additional Hang Signature 2: 8513

Additional Hang Signature 3: 8513bb159fb6924f0924c89d62f39254

Additional Hang Signature 4: f7fc

Additional Hang Signature 5: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

Additional Hang Signature 6: 8513

Additional Hang Signature 7: 8513bb159fb6924f0924c89d62f39254

errors.png

windows 7 64bit

intel i5 2400 3.10ghz

ati radeon hd 5670 1gb

fsx sp2

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

any idea of what this is guys, it does not point me to any dll file or anything, it does not happen all the time, so I don't know what it is but i sure would like to get rid of it so it doesn't happen again.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

try here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/123522-apphangb1/

you sure this is a new PC? got a whole bunch of issues with it since you got it

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

lol yeah its new, this is not a big problem, does not happen all the time, but i have seen it a few times and can't figure out why, the other times its always pointed to a certain dll or something like that. im not using any addons, other than project opensky, ifdg, ffx/sga, that sorta stuff. no environment extreme or active sky...ect.

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

also not using fsuipc, don't see that i really need it for anything.

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

ok here it is again, same thing, only this time i hung for a few mins then came back, i read that somewhere once, where if you let it be for a few mins it might come back, and it did, now sure why it hangs though. im gonna try to rebuild the fsx.cfg file like the Microsoft support team said. I have all the updated drivers for my video card, and windows is up to date, have both SP1 and SP2 installed for FSX. no fancy addons except for freeware aircraft. I watched the CPU usage bar and and one point it went to 99%, im not even running anything else but FSX at the time.

Description:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

cpuusage.png

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

it just happened again just now, about 40 mins after the first one

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

same thing today, correct me if im wrong but i think the message is word for word, number for number for each message. its only happend online with SB4 but its not telling me that its SB4 or anything. just apphangb1.

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

had an issue much like this once. Changing to FSInn seems to have me rockin and rollin

if you haven't try FSInn see if that cures it. Just be sure the follow theinstall sticky to a T and you'll be golden. earnesto is normally quick to help fix any issues that might arise.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

yeah, i tried fsinn once before and had an issue where for examle if I was flying a southwest 737 i would see southwest 737's all over the place even if that person was flying another aircraft. Their airplane also looked like mine, so it would hit my frames. if i could get the ai models to look like SB ones i would be fine with it. anyway i took the sbtrans10.dll file out, at least i think thats the file name. Ill see if that makes a difference if not ill see what i can do with fsinn.

• 3 weeks later...
Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

still trying to work this problem. did a re install of fsx, no problems since the re install. when i re installed SB i took out the sbtrans10.dll, sbaicontrol10.dll, and the sbmod10.dll files. not sure if those have any thing to do with it. SB seems to run fine without them. the only problem i had with fsinn as the traffic. for some reason it would show other pilots flying airplanes in my library.

• 2 months later...
Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

well after a clean reinstall about 2-2 1/2 months ago there was no problem. it has returned just recently and i did another clean install last night. im really at a loss as of why it would come up again. im fully up to date with my drivers and everything.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Try running SB4 externally! Start squawkbox from the start menu or from a desktop shortcut. I then pin the SB4 windows on top of FSX with DeskPins (google for the app).

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted
Try running SB4 externally! Start squawkbox from the start menu or from a desktop shortcut. I then pin the SB4 windows on top of FSX with DeskPins (google for the app).

thats what i do, but i discovered its not SB because it happened flying offline a few nights ago.

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted (edited)

got a reply on another forum that said it could be bad ram, but cmon, how am i supposed to know that, i mean this computer is not even a year old. not gonna spend $100 on ram just to test it.

EDIT: just got this error message a few mins ago

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 88000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

this is starting to get a little ridicules now. do i have to re install windows? this is the first time i have seen this BEX [Mod - lovely stuff]. and there is no fix, microsoft wont help you worth a [Mod - lovely stuff] either.

Edited by Guest

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
got a reply on another forum that said it could be bad ram

I doubt it. Does it happen when you're offline and using FSX?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

cant even install sb correctly on windows 7 now

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: sb4setup.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 488fe8e3

Fault Module Name: USER32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba59

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001d2da

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted
got a reply on another forum that said it could be bad ram

I doubt it. Does it happen when you're offline and using FSX?

Cheers!

Luke

yes i have seen this happen offline, really staring to consider reloading windows, just seems like i have had problems ever since i got this PC, im wondering if they did something wrong when they built this.

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

yeah something is seriously wrong with this PC now i just got this message with my directv program

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DirecTV\DirecTV\DIRECTV2PC.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangTransient

Problem Signature 01: DIRECTV2PC.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.7507

Problem Signature 03: 4a23d8d0

Problem Signature 04: unknown

Problem Signature 05: unknown

Problem Signature 06: unknown

Problem Signature 07: unknown

Additional Hang Signature 1: 1cbf522442e329e5edb6ea64b79e1c2b

Additional Hang Signature 2: e9b2

Additional Hang Signature 3: e9b2c02949e9545d1bf8a30497fded3f

Additional Hang Signature 4: 1cbf

Additional Hang Signature 5: 1cbf522442e329e5edb6ea64b79e1c2b

Additional Hang Signature 6: e9b2

Additional Hang Signature 7: e9b2c02949e9545d1bf8a30497fded3f

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

told ya to return it a long time ago that thing hasnt worked right since you got it

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted
told ya to return it a long time ago that thing hasnt worked right since you got it

well i emailed microsoft about these errors, i bet their going to say the same stuff they always do though, thought maybe fsx was the only bad program but now i can't even install sb correctly and now seeing a similar app hang with my directv program.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

quick ways to test your ram if you have more then one stick

A) from windows right click on my computer -> properties and look at the reported amount of RAM installed if it significantly less then the listed amount included with your PC then proceed to the next section. normally somewhere in the docs for your PC they'll have the amount of RAM installed broken down by the number of sticks they have in the machine (ex 2Gb X 6 Dimm = 12Gb )

B:

1) turn off and unplug power

2) discharge any static you may have built up

3) open cover

4) remove the Ram stick from all the bay except the First Dimm(generally the one closest to the processor your manual will hopefully give you the specific)

5) plug power back in and start PC(and close the cover if required.)

6) if the PC refuses to go past your BIOS its a pretty good indicator it's going/gone bad

7) wash rinse repeat for the rest of the sticks

Before opening your case check of any seals or stickers that have anything about voiding your warranties if they're present and you still have time left on them call up tech support and hope you get a tech that can deviate from the script to save time else play the 100 questions that don't fit any issue you've mentioned to the person, also when they do tell you to break the seal and do anything be sure to take down their name, their supers name and good contract info for said people(more then likely they'll give their 800 number) for your records because if they forget or don't bother to note in the account that they told you to break the seal the company is going to drag their feet every step of the way in fixing it unless you can give them info as to who you were talking to.

Richard Gerrish

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

quick question, if i reload windows, i will need an Ethernet driver to connect online in case i need to download any additional drivers. Im just wondering if that stuff comes on the cd i received with the pc or if i will have to download it from the asus website? would this be the correct download for the Ethernet driver?

correct.png

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

Should be on the CD that came with your PC, and windows 7 should be able to find a generic driver that will work to get you online till you either get the driver off the CD or download it.

Richard Gerrish

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

thx Richard, the Microsoft team emailed be back and gave me a new troubleshooting step, so ill try that and if it happens again then its time to reload.