You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No server names in drop down list for "temp. fix" in XSB

Connor O'Brien 1202523

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know the exact name for the server that covers the Netherlands in Europe? My friend is new to vatsim and had to get the "updated version" of XSB due to the start up crash, witch I'm sure most of you know about , and doesn't know any server names. I'm just trying to help my friend out so we can start flying together tomorrow. I can't really remember it at the moment because I'm in the US and have never had to pay attention to any other server name besides USA-E till now . I have been looking around for it but can't find it. If anyone knows it can you please let me know. Thanks in advance.

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

You can get the active server list from here : http://faq.apollo3.com/ljames/fsinn/vatsim/data/showservers.pl

Although, IIRC, XSB downloads server info automatically, and moreover, since the servers are all interconnected, it doesnt matter which server you connect to, your friend from netherlands can also use the US server, I always use the ME or Oceania server and live in the US.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

use a server geograpichally near to you... if you live in NL try europe-c2 (88.198.19.202) or europe-cw2 (78.46.90.47) both located in Germany.

Using a server located in the middle east while living in the US makes no sense to me... Check servinfo and check the ping times to the servers and use one of those with better pings.

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I had problems back in the days when USA-W2 would drop me every other second, especially during events, so I started using OCEANIA or ME servers, it just ended up getting stored in profile, which I rarely change, unless some controllers go missing near me and I know they are on!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1