You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

unable to get free flight listings

Peter Millar

Peter Millar
Posted
Posted

i have installed fsx and fsinn and put in all microsoft fsx and gamespy network ports but i cant seem to get a listing in the free flight servers list for servers to join.

i log in to multiplayer

i get server listings in the flight training and other rooms and peoples names come up in the room and peoples names also come up in free flight but no server listing in free flight

bitdefender internet security also on with its own firewall but when firewall is turned off i have same problem.

any ideas welcome

hang tough

Pete

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you wont see the VATSIM servers in the FSX/gamespy multiplayer. we use the pilot clients to connect to VATSIM

Peter Millar
Posted
Posted (edited)

but in the past i would get a listing of many servers in that section from all over the world but not now

Edited by Guest

hang tough

Pete

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

You still need to use a VATSIM pilot client to connect to the network. More information can be found at http://www.vatsim.net/prc/

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Peter, are you talking about the server list in FSINN?

Peter Millar
Posted
Posted

no i have fsinn and it works fine.

i mean the server list in the fs mulitplayer screen/free flight where i normally get the listings of dedicated fs servers for connection to.

they arent there

hang tough

Pete

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
no i have fsinn and it works fine.

i mean the server list in the fs mulitplayer screen/free flight where i normally get the listings of dedicated fs servers for connection to.

they arent there

They won't be there. You must use FSInn or SquawkBox (if FS) to connect. You cannot connect via the FS Multiplayer Screen/Free Flight Screen.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

probably a gamespy issue. if they have an FS forum, i'd recommend trying their to see. itll probably be a firewall issue but not sure. as far as connecting to VATSIM tho, we use the clients.

if youre trying to connect to a gamespy server, youll have to try and see if they are having issues