You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC realism settings

Finn Hutter

Finn Hutter
Posted
Posted

So on my crusade to get a realistic STARS scope I am having a heck of a time finding realistic settings to use with VRC. I have color profiles now that I am happy with (located in the USA forum here I believe?) and was wondering if anyone had a list of settings to use with VRC (general settings or otherwise) to up that realism a bit more?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I cannot seem to locate a post with such settings.

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Hey Skylar,

I'm no pro, but a great start would be turning on "realistic data tag mode" in your VRC settings, I believe it's under the "data tag" tab.

You might want to begin learning key commands before you do this though as it does add to the realism factor, I forget exactly how it operates, but I know it's closer to the RW.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Rahul is correct. There is only so much realism that is built into VRC. Realistic data tag mode is good, but since VATSIM doesn't stop people logging in as UNITED123 you may have a heck of a time getting the flight strip to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a beacon code so that you can get the data tag. Real world you can change the callsign if input incorrectly. Color profiles and keyboard commands are about as real as you can get on VRC. Multi-sensor mode isn't emulated to the fullest (with regards to target display). Also, keep your fixes and navigational aids off... none of them are displayed in that manner on STARS or ARTS.

When I control online, because I don't have maps like I do real world, I keep the navaids on but turn off their labels and enable certain crossing fixes but keep their labels off as well.