You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope freeze

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044

Posted
Posted

Hello gents,

I know this might be an old story to tell , since some users had faced the problem while using the old 2.9 but for some reason it's been happening to me as well, this time on version 3.1d

For some unknown reason , the Euroscope main screen just freezes, I can't drag right or left nor I can click on aircrafts tags. I did check the Task manager and I noticed that the memory usage jumped from the normal levels of 50-55MB to become 100MB or more. That did happen with me during both heavy and light levels of traffic, mainly on large sector-files.

Am using Win7 SP1 64bit with AMD5850 (11.9 drivers installed).

Any idea ?

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Posted
Posted
Any plugins loaded?

That's negative sir

s5_logo.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

OK. There are some reports of similar matter, but the bug appears only on a heavy traffic, during long times of ES running (and when a plugin is also drawing heavy objects). G is still investigating the problem.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I had the same situation even with the latest beta last Friday. I found out the that cause of this is an unexpected loop in the AIRAC file. This happens when ES tries to connect two points along an airway and is unable to leave the loop. As ES is collection endless number of points the memory usage is up and up.

If someone happens to find it again, please download the position data ES is downloading from ServInfo data and mail it to me. I can then examine all the FPs there and tell you what to change in the AIRAC file to avoid.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Posted
Posted
I had the same situation even with the latest beta last Friday. I found out the that cause of this is an unexpected loop in the AIRAC file. This happens when ES tries to connect two points along an airway and is unable to leave the loop. As ES is collection endless number of points the memory usage is up and up.

If someone happens to find it again, please download the position data ES is downloading from ServInfo data and mail it to me. I can then examine all the FPs there and tell you what to change in the AIRAC file to avoid.

Can you tell me the file name or format so I can email it to you

Thanks

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The actual content of the http://www.net-flyer.net/DataFeed/vatsim-data.txt or any other Vatsim data feed you are downloading.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Posted
Posted

I used ES for about an hour and couldn't find any related file on both the root folder and MyDocomeents/Euroscope

I just updated the Airways.txt file to Airac 1110 , maybe that will help.

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

I believe Gergely means that when you have the error pop up, download that text file and send it to him, with the relevant data about where you were controlling etc.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Posted
Posted

Well , nothing pop up .. the Euroscope appears on Task manager as running. Even so , what the name or the format of the file to send over? anything on folder 'temp'

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

When you have a frozen ES, then download http://www.net-flyer.net/DataFeed/vatsim-data.txt and send it to me, please.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Izik Bakshi 815057
Posted
Posted
Any plugins loaded?

Hey,

I have a similar problem to the description of Mr Abdelrahman M. Elfeky

Can you please expand more on the subject of the problems caused as a result of loaded plugins? any know plugins that cause freezes?

thanks

Izik Bakshi

VATIL Online Day - Just fly!

http://www.vatil.org.il/fly/

atc2o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

There is something we are still testing, referring the plugins. Yes a plugin can cаuse a freeze, but it depends on the plugin itself.

Tom Uytterhoeven 1151895
Posted
Posted

Just my two cents but is Google Chrome installed/open when you're using ES? I used to have ES freezes while google chrome was open..

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Posted
Posted

I always have Euroscope running with multiple programs like VATspy, Chrome and Teamspeak and NO , I dont use plugins

Regards,,,

s5_logo.png