You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RTEs?

Robert Bressert

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

What are these RTEs in and out of San Juan? How do I program my default FSX flight planner with waypoints and/or my ISG1 FMC?

For example:

KMIA - TJSF - last entry in flight plan: RTE6 (SKIPS1 SKIPS BR53V RAJAY A555 ZQA A555 GTK A555 HARDE A555 IDAHO RTE6)

TJSJ - TIST - preferred route: RTE2

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

same as airways. you enter them into the FMC the same as you would an airway. theyll also be listed in nav charts and the gps as airways. just different names to them then the normal Jet or Victor airways. youll find a lot of different names to them as you fly more outside of the US. youll even find some with single designators like "P191" (not sure if thats an actual airway, just an example of what itd look like)

youll find a lot in the caribbean like that. for exame BR51V to N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au from Miami (can be joined at SKIPS) is pronounced "Bahama Route 51 Victor"

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Ernesto,

OK, I see what you mean. However, ISG1 FMC won't allow me to enter RTE2 or any other RTE airway into the fmc. It says "invalid entry" when I try to input it, but I can enter the waypoints from the enroute charts. So, it will work. Thanks.

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

RTE2 is not a waypoint is an airway. to use it you will need enter RTE2 on the left soft key of your point and then the destination point. Airways go on the left side of the FMC waypoints go on the right side of the FMC.

Now if you are not using an FMC, you will need to type RTE2 point by point. A program that will help you build plans and export them to FSX is FSBuild. It cost money but its worth it. I am not aware of freeware that will do the same.

In SJU you will see plans ending in RTE2 or 6 or whatever because planes are vectored in to ILS or the visuals.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Juan,

Yes, I understand that RTE2 is an airway and not a waypoint. When I try to enter RTE2, for example, on the left side in my ISG1 FMC, it displays "invalid entry." It doesn't matter which RTE(+#) I try to enter. To make it clear, I am not entering them on the right side where I enter a waypoint.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its probably just the ISG fmc not taking it right. altho i couldnt find any posts in the ISG forum of others having similar issues with these.

can you post a screenshot of how you are entering it? maybe you are trying to join it from a waypoint that isnt on the airway so its not able to find it.

also make sure the waypoint is the correct one if multiple waypoints are found, there may be multiple waypoints with the same name in different parts of the world. happens

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

I've posted over at the ISG forum and am awaiting a reply.

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

So I dont [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, have you updated AIRAC's?

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

You are wise not to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume! No! I have not updated. I guess the question is, have they started using RTE's since the last AIRAC update?

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

what is the latest airac you have on it?

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Cycle 1013. It was good through Jan. 12, 2011. So it's almost a year old.

But, surely RTEs have been around a long time?

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

i just noticed something, what is the last waypoint you enter when you do RTE6 (SKIPS1 SKIPS BR53V RAJAY A555 ZQA A555 GTK A555 HARDE A555 IDAHO RTE6). You should enter SJU at the end.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Well, SKIPS1 SKIPS BR53V RAJAY A555 ZQA A555 GTK A555 HARDE A555 IDAHO RTE6, is a RW route from Flightaware and it didn't have SJU at the end of the route, however, it doesn't matter as far as the ISG! fmc. It won't accept any RTE airway. I'm still waiting for Ernie at the ISG1 forum to answer my question.

I've been flying around in the Caribbean with UPCVAC.com and I've just entered all the waypoints of the RTE in the default FSX flightplanner. So, I haven't even been using the ISG1 fmc.

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

RTE5: BQN ROBLL PLING

RTE6: IDAHO ROBLL BEANO CORAF SJU CHAKA PALCO STT

Taken from the the NavData.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Right! I understand that each of the RTE airways contain waypoints. So, instead of entering the airway (RTEs) in my ISG1 fmc I'll just enter each waypoint. That'll work, not just quite the way it should.

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

The reason why it does not show the last WP is because of the approach they use, usually is visual, however in order for the FMC to calculate the right path of flight it must have a start point to an end point. You can pick the route and then select an approach course. You always need a WP after a route. Try RT6 to SJU and see what happens. As a suggestion, update your DB with the latest DB, most common errors are due to DB deletions and mistakes.

Remember, just because a route is posted 'as is' does not mean is complete.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Juan,

That's exactly what I was doing wrong--not putting a waypoint after the route. Now it works! Thanks! DB? Yep! I need to get up to date.

Thanks again!