You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Back on the job for one day.

Ben  Sibeijn 1133535

Ben  Sibeijn 1133535
Posted
Posted

Hi all. I am one day back on the job as an ATC FACT Ground and already I get stressed out.

Why? Because the problem is always on the controllers site. Well I never had this problem before. Sound familiar?

I am referring to the common problem that pilots do not check their Radio equipment.

Ask your self [before sending a msg to the Cntrl do hear me I am calling you ] If you are on the right frequency required. Is the radio either Comm1 or Comm2 relating to the Freq in use. Don't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume....check.

So don't say I never had this problem before. There is always a first time!

If the controller tells you you are not on his on his frequency list, then you are not on his frequency.

Finish and klaar.

Have a nice day, I like to have one.

Ben Sibeijn

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Welcome back Ben!

I'm very happy to see that you are trying to help our pilots to get connected and tuned to the correct frequency. Unlike the real world, we are in the fortunate position to be able to help people using text.

The Vatsim Pilot Resource Centre (PRC) encourages new members to ask their local ATC for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. This is the first point of contact with the Vatsim network, and it is part of our job description as controllers to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist members with any problem they may have.

The more we help our pilots to understand the finer details of online flying, the better our controlling experience will be

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png