You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I assume!

Ben  Sibeijn 1133535

Ben  Sibeijn 1133535
Posted
Posted

Hi there. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that if you take the trouble to fly on line that you take it seriously. Right?

And that you want to fly as realistic as possible. Right?

Then why do I see often when doing my duty as a ground controller that people just park at random at any stand. There are, and you know as well as I do, stands allocated to respectively LIGHT aircraft Medium aircraft and Heavy. There are also sections which are reserved for international traffic and there are sections for domestic. It is easy to find out just load down the charts from the vatsaf website.

You can even go so far to ask your Virtual company which stands are located specifically at a given airport in SA for you company like SAA Comair etc. So next time you can park in your own cosy place. How is that? And I don't have to pull my hair out anymore. Yes I do like as well to do things properly.

So lets play nicely together and be realistic.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Ben Sibeijn

"Pilots.... do it with a nose up attitude"

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Gate [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments will be the least of your worries as you progress through the ATC ranks. I wouldn't worry too much about where aircraft park so long as they don't spawn on a runway.

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Ben  Sibeijn 1133535
Posted
Posted

That's why controllers last that long, because of attitudes like yours. For your information I don't want to progress through the ranks.Happy to stay where I am. And I think, you are missing the point.

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Not everyone shares your opinion either. People do this for their own reasons, and take it as far as they want to, wether it be realistic as you state or just for fun and don't care where they park.

If you want true realism, then you would wait for every controller to be online for your entire route, and if you did that, you would never fly.

Anthony Pavlak 1058071
Posted
Posted

You and the sperg lords that complain about people flying incorrect aircraft types based on air carrier companies can have a pow-wow.

What an unimportant nitpick.

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
That's why controllers last that long, because of attitudes like yours. For your information I don't want to progress through the ranks.Happy to stay where I am. And I think, you are missing the point.

No, I don't think I am missing the point. You are demanding, it a not so polite way, that pilots who are using the airport that you are controlling at, use stands appropriate to their aircraft and type of flight. You are intimating that pilots who don't do this don't take flying on the network as seriously as you, and as such, cause you great frustration and premature hair loss.

I was trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you in your enjoyment of the network by suggesting that you shouldn't worry too much about it. However, if it is causing you that much concern, you should probably .wallop a VATSIM supervisor next time it happens...they are trained to deal with these situations to the betterment of the network.

Good luck!

TB

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Ben,

There is a fine line between keeping it as real as possible, and having fun.

If a visitor to your airport does not have the correct, up to date charts, and he mistakingly parks or spawns at an inappropriate gate, it is your job as controller to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]it him and make him feel at home.

We will not alienate the little traffic that we do get in South Africa with an attitude like this. Accept it!

This is Not negotiable!

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png