You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Heavy Jet display team :P

William Brazier 906785

William Brazier 906785
Posted
Posted

Hi

I am looking into starting a heavy jet display team at the moment I have 1 other person interested. I am asking for..

a) information on the VATSIM policy on such activitys.

b) Pilots who would be interested in flying for the team. AC types will include...

B747-400 (x1)

B757-300 (x2)

B737-800 (x1)

Concorde (x3)

and porobably othes please let me know if you have any idas for aircraft to use.

c) Air Traffic Controlers who would be willing to over see major practaces or displays. and reagonal directors who might be able to help organise an event.

Thanks for your time if you wish to email me insted my email address is...

[email protected]

Please include your vatsim id in the subject so i know what its about.

Wishing you a Happy new year.

Will

SigBanner1.jpg

• 3 months later...
Adam Walker
Posted
Posted

how do you mean a display team? i cant see a 747 doing loop the loops??

Adam Walker

William Brazier 906785
Posted
Posted

well no nor can i however if you have been keeping up to date with the the latest airshows you will of noticed that there are a few heavy jets performing displays the DHL 757 and the south afircan 747 this is what i meen

SigBanner1.jpg

Adam Walker
Posted
Posted

so are we talking fly bys etc? like the 380 has been doing?

Adam Walker

Mark Townend 893724
Posted
Posted

Hi

William, I am interested in your idea of a heavy Jet Display team. The reason that I am interested is that I am just setting up a Virtual Formation Flying Group. This group is in the early stages of life and so has not really taken off if you excuse the pun.

The Group have so far performed at 2 Air Displays, flying Concorde followed by BAe Hawks (Red Arrows). Both displays were regarded a succesful. If you would like to join the group and head up a Heavy Jet team then that would be great, we could pool our resources and pull in the crowds!

Although Recruitment is not open at the moment, this is because I'm having to take a break from VATSIM whilst I sort the admin side and keep the g/f happy.

Please, feel free to look around the website and contact me if you have any ideas or thoughts!

The way the Flying group will work is that there is a pool of pilots and several sub groups, so for example there is the Hawk Display team (To be the Red Arrows if we get permission to use the name and image - we have already contacted the RAF) and there (could be) the Heavy Jet Team. The pool of pilots would get trained in the aircraft during the pactice sessions and so when the events come up, we can field a group of pilots across several aircraft types.

Since the group is in the infancy stages we have only got one group set up (Conc and Hawks) but others are in the planning!

http://string.flightsim-pro.com/

Mark Townend

---------------------------

OC 22 Group, vRAF & VFFG Founder

vRAF_TS_Sig.jpg

BAv Captain (Ret'd), UK SERTS S3 (Ret'd)

William Brazier 906785
Posted
Posted

cool im typeing this just as im walking out the door to goto america (seatle) so ill start putting something together when i get back on the 28th of aperal

SigBanner1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mark Townend 893724
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

For information, the Heavy Jet Display Team has been developed and is now recruiting pilots

For more info check out the following:

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=9569

Mark

Mark Townend

vRAF_TS_Sig.jpg

• 1 year later...
James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted
b) Pilots who would be interested in flying for the team. AC types will include...

B747-400 (x1)

B757-300 (x2)

B737-800 (x1)

Concorde (x3)

and porobably othes please let me know if you have any idas for aircraft to use.

Will

count me in ! wouldn't quite be full time perhaps, but i'd love to be a participant in this! got a boeing 757 too . what sort of stunts then? (sorry if that's already been said, i didn't read it)

I'm too late aren't I

Duncan MacKellar
Posted
Posted

your not actually.... LOL

Regards,

Duncan MacKellar

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted
I'm too late aren't I

By almost 2 years .

You really need to check the dates on some of these posts and check the links to see if they are still active.

Cheers!

Paul.

Duncan MacKellar
Posted
Posted

but i know for a fact that the opportunity is still there - rules for entry have changed a little

Hence why - 2 years from post hes not too late

Regards,

Duncan MacKellar

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

yay. well i probably wouldn't be able to be a full time flyer but i'm getting acquainted with the A340-600 as we speak (i type ) so i'll do that

and when i say A340, i mean a cheap download which is basically a 777 with a340 body. But i downloaded an A380 to use and get used to.

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

Good news, thanks to the test pilot, yours truly, it's been discovered that loops are possible in the 737 (on the flight simulator at any rate). Only possible at nearly overspeed limit though, cos at the peak i was doing 69 knots and you lose quite a lot of altitude on the decent

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

Consider also, air display competitions

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew McCluskey
Posted
Posted

Any room left for 738 pilots?

866.png

ng_driver.jpg

James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted
Any room left for 738 pilots?

738? i'd be guessing that's a typo if not excuse me

• 3 weeks later...
Mark Townend 893724
Posted
Posted

If you're still interested, the vRAF and VFFG are recruiting again. The vffg website is currently offline due to technical difficulties, but the vRAF website is now the "parent" to the vffg and can be found at www [dot] vraf [dot] org

Mark Townend

vRAF_TS_Sig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
James Flynn 1043500
Posted
Posted

btw when you say concorde, i have a boeing 2707... close enough?